Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin Duck and I were watching ABC’s Wide World of Sports one day when they did a hunting show using poodles. It seems poodles were actual hunting dogs.
We both looked over at Pierre. It was his mom’s mini poodle. It’s toe nails were painted purple, was wearing a diamond studded purple collar and was trimmed in nice fluffy balls. We took Pierre down to the railroad tracks where we hunted rabbits and Pierre was a rabbit chasing fool. He ran them bunnies all around us, letting us pick them off when we could without hitting him.
We went home with a full brace of dead bunnies with Pierre in tow. When Ducks mom saw poor Pierre; broken toe nails, missing collar and cute haircut all tore up, we were read the riot act. What the heck?!!? We were only twelve. Lol!
I’ll never forget that little rabbit chasing poodle.

·
Premium Member
23,984 Posts
A friend of mine has one of the Labradoodle mixes. She is for sure a hunting fool. Of course Tracy tries to keep her clipped, and manicured and looking all girly like, but Hattie will head for the first pond or water puddle if you don't have her on a leash. She was really hard to train in the beginning because she was so head strong and opinionated; so although Tracy and her huband are both professional horse trainers and have trained and managed several top notch hog hunting dogs they had to hire a professional dog trainer to rein Hattie in and get her manageable. But now that she's got a sound start and is about 2 years old I think they could train her to do anything. Tracy has mentioned maybe training her as a cadaver dog or searching for missing people even. She is definitely whip smart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts