Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone shoot their pistols with scopes on them? Not hunting scopes, but red dot reflex sights? I bartered, traded and swapped and ended up with a Palmetto State Armory Dagger pistol. The Glock replica. I've never had a scope on a handgun, but my eyes SUCK more and more every day. I was thinking of trying a reflex out? Now, I only have about $125 in the gun, and I don't want to put a $300 scope on it. Are there any decent reflex sights in the $50-$100 range? I know I'm probably asking too much, but thought ya'll my know something I didn't about the topic!

·
Registered
10,271 Posts
the only handgun I have an optic on is my 10mm XDm. it wears a Vortex Venom which is at the top of your price range. I have owned several other less expensive dot sights but they were all put on carbines. some were good and others weren't. even some that were the same brand and model. like other optics, its hit or miss with the cheap ones. that being said, even the Vortex quit holding zero after a few years, but with their great warranty, they sent me a brand new one!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
You just need to be careful with RDS if you have an astigmatism because it will look more like a comet or multiple dots without your glasses / contacts. I only have RDS on my AR pistols and it's fine with the power turned down and at close range without my glasses. Longer range and I need my glasses so the RDS is a little more defined, I can't give you much more advise than that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i'v had a red dot on a pistol.had lots of trouble finding the red dot to get it on target. went to lasers on 2 pistols . not good for outside shooting but good on the range. so for me its laser or open sights.have to shoot left eyed the right eye is not good. 86 yrs old.(y)
I find that if you just go through the same motion that you do with irons, it puts the dot right where you want it. I mean the target is right there in the notch as should be your red dot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts