Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some of my firearms assuming I posted the pictures right.
One is of my Berettas: Cx4 Storm carbine with holosight. It is the model that is compatible with 92 magazines. From the left: 92FS Inox; 90two with lamp and laser sight (17 rd. magazines); 84F Cheetah with nickle finish and 13-rd. magazines. I replaced the checkered walnut panels with Pachmyer rubber grips. All are 9mm Para. except for the 0.380 Cheetah.
The other is of my 0.357 magnum guns: Marlin 1894C with Burris 35mm scope; 4" S&W 686+ (7-shot) with HiViz sight; 6" Colt Python Stainless Elite with rubber Hogue grip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
Definitely some fine looking go bangs you got there Deep13. Looks like a lot of fun to me. Thanks for sharing. Always love seeing good look'in shooters!!!....

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I think a scope on a lever gun is fine but it looks like your eye relief on your gun in the pic is very short.
It's a new scope. We'll see how it goes when the snow at the rifle range melts.

Optics on a levergun are an abomination!
The idea was not to emmulate 19th century rifles, but to have a modern rifle cambered in 0.357 mag. It is reasonably accurate to 100 yards, except I can't see the target that far away. This one is 2-7x, so it has a good low end too.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
How do you like the CX4? It looks like a good beside the bed type carbine.
I like it fine. It is very egonomic, uses 92FS magazines and only has the recoil of a pistol. Pretty easy to clean too. The chrome barrel does not require very many cotton patches before it is clean. I haven't had it at the rifle range yet (bought it two months ago) but I understand they are typically very accurate. As a side note, it can be switched from right to left hand use.

The only negatives are that at $800 it is expensive for what it is. Ruger's carbine when in production was around $500. I'm sure others here will tell you High Point is even cheaper. The other thing is that it is a polymer-frame gun so it will never be as durable as a military carbine.

It looks like a good beside the bed type carbine.
Frankly, there are two reasons I would never use it as such. First with the extra velocity 9mm gets from a carbine, there is a real danger a round could go through the wall and kill my neighbor. The second reason is that the jury would only have to take one look at that scary looking thing to be convinced that I am some kind of psychopath who was itching for an excuse to kill someone.

You can tune a piano, but you can't Tuna Fish!
I think you made that pun on porpoise.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Very nice looking collection! Thanks for showing them.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ever heard of "Magnum eyebrow"? You're4 gonna be glad it's just a .357. Having your scope that far back will cause you to use horrible form.
I took another look at it and pushed it forward a little. It isn't a "scout" scope with really long eye relief and with a receiver mount there isn't a lot of room to move it around. The eyepiece still hangs over the hammer. I don't think that is unusual for a L/A rifle. My Winchester .22 is the same way.

·
Banned
60 Posts
You don't need a scout scope to mount it up over the receiver. By the looks of it, if you push it all the way forward, you ought to be okay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts