close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PJK 9HP Extactor II

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by MSW, Jul 23, 2002.

1. MSW

MSW G&G Newbie

I had posted several weeks ago, a problem I had with my PJK 9HP extractor and my feeble attempts at fixing it. Well, I finally solved my extractor problem. I purchased a used slide with a barrel to see if the gun would shoot better, it did. I still think the extractor was the main problem that caused the jams. I noticed that the extractor on the original slide didn't move nearly as well as the one on the used slide. The end of the extractor on the original slide seems to sit lower in the spring channel. Perhaps the spring isn't pushing the end of the extractor up far enough for the claw to work properly. I will check the extractor spring again and see if this will solve the problem. If it still jams, I'll send the slide to KBI and see if they can fix the defect. For now, I'm happy to say, this gun is functioning well and works great with the 17rd South African mags.

MSW

Last edited: Jul 23, 2002
  2. Story

Story G&G Newbie

Cheaper solution?

One possibly cheaper solution involves cleaning up the ejector. It's retained by a roll pin (on the P9R), which was apparently oversized on mine.

I used an undersized drill bit in a press and *polished* the mounting hole in the ejector. This allowed the ejector to move freely under thumb pressure, when re-mounted. End of problem, cheaper than a spare slide.

3. MSW

MSW G&G Newbie

The slide wasn't too expensive about $40.00. I was desperate. I had a gunsmith work on the gun before I purchased the slide, it still didn't function well. I will need to take the gun back to the smith since he guarantees his work. Hopefully he can fix it this time. I wanted to have a spare slide for this pistol, since slides seems to be hard to find. I lucked out and found one on e-bay. The only thing is the slide is an older style with the smaller sights and not the 3 dot type that is on my troublesome slide. I will give your suggestion a try, perhaps my gunsmith can do it and see if that will work. Thanks for the tip.

MSW