Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:uzi: Found this gun in the wall of a house I bought to fix up. What is it?

Go here for pictures http://spaces.msn.com/lincolnrobert/
Here are the markings-

-On Barrel
CAL .22LR
"Ruger Symbol" N under it
68 with a kinda vine lookin mark
Made In Germany

-On Top Of Barrel
rohm gmbh sontheim/brenz

Ruger symbol with n on middle of main body

ID #'s on body by trigger and bottom of barrel

gun is a 2 shot with fliping barrels that lock with a flip latch.

thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
First, Welcome to Gun and Game sir!

I am not 100% on this piece, but will check out a few sites with this.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
lincolnrobert...I've spent the past 20 minutes looking through different Ruger links...but haven't found anything even close to your Ruger .22 LR, two shot, over/under pistol. I'm guessing that your pistol "windfall" is probably an 1800's model...but whoever had it must have had some unusual reason to have hidden it inside the wall construction.

I'll be looking forward to finding out more about your pistol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Rohm company (Rohm GmbH of Sontheim/Brenz West Germany) produced a large range of pistols under their own name, and then sold them under a dozen other names as well, most of these names were for American export sales in the days prior to the gun control Act of 1968. Rohm values fall in the $25.00 or less range.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you mean by $25 or less range. now or when probly sold? I've spent a while looking through websites to no advail. I'm about 50-75 miles to the closest gun shop and will not get out there 4 awhile so your guy's help is all i have thanks:usa:

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Well the gun wouldn't have been $25 when it was first sold, it would have been less than $10.

Ruger and Sturm wasn't around the scene until 1950.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
The Rohm derringer Is a copy of the Remington O/U Derringer. That is Not a Ruger emblem, but an Imperial German Eagle . It is Well made HOWEVER..the half cock safety is old design and can fail if dropped, discharging the gun ! Blue Book value is around 100 dollars !
Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts