Gun and Game Forum banner

Plinking with Hi-Point's 4595 .45 ACP Carbine

Hi-Point 
4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  billy 
#1 ·
It's been awhile since I had the Hi-Point 4595 .45 ACP carbine out for some shooting. A lot of people think that Hi-Points are junk because they aren't prohibitively expensive. But I've owned carbines that cost more than twice as much, that I don't like shooting as much as the Hi-Point 4595. In this video I'm just having some fun plinking around with the Hi-Point Carbine.

The 14-round Mag Pro magazine arrived today. I’ll try to do a video on it soon.

#8 ·
I bet she would! I have two 995's and a 4095, with red dots on all three. Just put the dot on the spot and a hole appears! Just like magic. Well, one of the 995's is the grandson's.....

One must have multiple magazines though, stopping to reload a single mag just throws cold water on the good times.

#12 ·
I want one too (even though at the moment they are considered "assault rifles" under the UnSAFE Act here in the Peoples Democratic Republic of New York because they have both a pistol grip and a detachable magazine - GMFAB!), but I want one I can either drop into one of the ATI "CX-4 Storm" aftermarket stocks, or that is in the original Model 995 "Planet of the Apes gun" stock. The current tacticool stocks turn me off.

Reactions: MoDoc
#14 ·
Duelist: Love your video!! I've had the 4595 TS for a number of years, and find it to be an accurate plinker at around 30 yds. [ the distance I normally use it] with my stock sights. I've had a lot of bad experiences with Promag, so I've stuck with the factory mags, but 9 rnds is plenty for most of my uses. It does time as my home defense carbine with a light attached, but I always have a second mag on the table next to it. I just don't get it out to play enough due to the expense of .45 acp ammo....

#15 ·
Oh, I must agree with Rondog - multiple mags are the way to go! I only trust the factory mags [ some of which have been in use since '96! ], so I keep a large number on hand and slap them in as needed. Part of the fun of my carbine ritual is the LOADING OF THE MAGS WHILE SLIGHTLY TIPSY the night before.

#16 ·
yesterday i found a used hipoint 995 that comes with 3 10 round and 1 15 round mag
two different stocks and a box of ammo for $220
i didnt pick it up because money is tight but....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.