Police Seize Over 300 Guns from Rockford Home

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by grizcty, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  2. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Probably as evidence that they 'can and will'.

3. Ninja Piper

Ninja Piper G&G Evangelist

Absurd. Another valid point for the Wisconsin Department of De-Illinoisation!

4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

and was the victims, 4th amendment rights violated???

reading a couple comments the neighbors were shocked shetliss to learn of it.

by the way where is this Rockford???

5. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

I could see the safekeeping if the house could NOT be secured so nobody else could get in, at least until they could locate the owner. At that point as long as he (obviously) had all the legal paperwork then he should get ALL of his guns back. I am sure that everybody here would want the police to do whatever was necessary to secure their guns in the same situation

6. killsnapz

killsnapz G&G Evangelist

I believe if you do want to own a stash of weapons that it is the responsable thing to do to make sure that they are stored in a safe manor. Criminals already have enough accesst to weapons don't make it easier for them. It only takes a couple of careless gun owners to make us all look bad. The story does not say if the guns were left out in the open in plain sight but its obvious someone knew there were weapons in there and they were trying to get at them.

Michael

7. BenchRest

BenchRest G&G Addict

VA
    Probably the loophole every ones been talking about.
    I’ll bet thays time travel in the basement.

8. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    does the state of Illinois require the guns to be registered?

9. G. Green

G. Green G&G Newbie

Good grief, the owner's a hoarder. They're condemning the house.

10. grizcty

Here is more pictures, & "I think" a video.

How many folks, would like seeing their rifles.
    Stacked in the back, of a patrol truck like this?

11. Dont see any pics. Like another video I saw the cops took the guns cus there were some they wanted. They are "checking" serial numbers. What do you bet they have every one of them listed now?
    Rockford is about an hour north of Chicago.

I bet he doesnt get his firearms back for a long time if ever.

12. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner Forum Contributor

Keeping a cache of weapons in a condemned house is asking for trouble. Even if burglars have no clue any guns are there, such houses are routinely targeted by thieves looking for copper pipe and wiring, plumbing fixtures and appliances.

13. Mandy

Mandy FREE CITIZEN Forum Contributor

If the guns are stored irresponsibly, then they should be taken away.

Even if the house looked like crap and abandoned, dirty and filled with "debris", if it was a reasonably secured structure, and the guns were locked safely, along with all this "debris", I don't see why take the guns away if proper paperwork is presented.

In the absence of proper paperwork, the police has the obligation to confiscate the guns until the proper paperwork is provided.

14. grizcty

Some of the comments here "blow" my mind!
    They sound like, they should be on.
    The liberal anti gun Huffington Post!
    Not on G&G....

My old log house, is almost 70 years old.
    And would be "CONDEMNED", by some standards.

So I guess, by some folks standards.
    I should NOT be allowed, to own firearms!

What proper "Legal paper work"?
    This is still the U.S.A., not the USSR, or Canada.

Is there, now a federal regulation.
    Stating the "proper" way to store, PRIVATELY owned firearms?

Does this mean, I have to take them down/off the walls.
    When I leave my house?

Fourth Amendment:
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

15. CAV88

CAV88 G&G Newbie

you have got to be kidding me, this guy is a victim of a crime and by the time the revenue enhancers (leo's) were finished they confiscated this poor mans property when he committed NO crime and they even said that, this is just another act of the government stepping over a line, what right did they have to take that mans guns if they were on his property in his house and he was the victim?!?! what kind of twisted world are we living in now

16. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Events like this are nothing more than conditioning exercises. They know it is unconstitutional, but they want you to get accustomed to seeing those rights violated. Then it becomes the norm and you will hardly even flinch or yelp when it happens to you.

17. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Events like this are fanning the flames to the second amendment if you haven't noticed. Main stream Americans are getting pissed with the overbearing nature of the powers that be. Wonder why gun and ammo sales are at an all time high?

18. grizcty

19. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

It would be pretty easy for an "investigator" to drop contraband into such a large collection... Just a thought...

20. grizcty

I smell something fishy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.