close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Police Sgt. Robert Olmos said, “We were told that it was some highly classified

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

This to me raises some ??? now I dont know how the branches of the Milatary you all were in treated as the News reported

"Police Sgt. Robert Olmos said, “We were told that it was some highly classified information that involved national security"

But when I were in the USMC we just could not take classafied material (even the lowest level stuff) out for a ride to the beach or any were else and anything above classafied was not to be out of your physical control/site.......maybe times have changed....

NAVY SECRETS SAIL OFF IN THEFT

July 12, 2002 -- HONOLULU - Federal agents and local police are investigating the theft of classified military files from the car of a military officer, officials said yesterday.
    The files, on computer disks, were among items taken June 14 from the trunk of the car parked at a beach on Oahu’s North Shore, according to Honolulu TV station KHON.

Navy Capt. John Singley declined to characterize the level of security of the missing files, and said he didn’t believe anyone had been arrested.

Police Sgt. Robert Olmos said, “We were told that it was some highly classified information that involved national security.

AP
    :p

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Look, this was about an OFFICER. OFFICERS can do whatever the hell they want. I was a contraband inspector in the Navy, among other things. It always drove me crazy watching OFFICERS openly bring contraband on board ship while we were practically strip searching enlisted men. I have also seen OFFICERS turn blind eyes to blatant racial discrimination and falsified documents. At one time I literally had a room full of non-coms reporting a problem up the chain of command. One OFFICER lied and the command took his word over 6 petty officers and the matter was covered up.

3. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    OPSEC
    COMSEC
    UCMJ
    A FORT IN KANSAS

4. ^5, Klaus.

As a Military Policman, particularly when I was at Ft. Leavenworth, I got so dang sick and tired of the sniveling Officers we arrested for domestic abuse, DUI, etc. that would get off when the non-Coms were getting art 15's and court martialed.