Polish Tantal

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Big Tool, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Big Tool

Big Tool G&G Newbie

MS
    I've been checking out the polish tantals, and actually got a chance to see one up close at the local gun show. They look beautiful, but i've been hearing alot of bad stuff about key holing with the century arms built ones.

Just seeing if any of you guys have one, and if you like or dislike it.

2. Hahn

Hahn Guest

Polish Tantel is not .223 is it? Heard that .223 prices are going through the roof. Why? I dont know.

3. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Enthusiast

Haven't looked into the Tantals or the keyholing issue you mention, but I had heard that they were a good quality firearm. It may be that the newer Century ones aren't, but I'm not aware of any recent reports; not that I've been looking for any, mind you.

4. Big Tool

Big Tool G&G Newbie

MS
    They shoot the russian small caliber round 5.49x39 I believe they call it.

It is supposed to be a flat shooting, low recoil, round like the .223. The best part is it can be bought very cheap right now.

1080rd Cases can be bought for 139.00 which is by far the cheapest ammo i see on the market today. It is also non-corrosive bulgarian made.

5. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

you mean 5.45.39? if so yeah its cheap now and i realy loke it. like you said very low recoil... but i realy dont trust centuy....its like the hire monkeys with 10 thumbs and no fingers to put there guns together.....

6. Big Tool

Big Tool G&G Newbie

MS

I'm still laughing from that last part. :09:

Atlantic sells the polish for 599.99. So basically there is a 100.00 difference between the century and the one atlantic sells.