Politically correct words/phrases have gone way too far

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by VinceL, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

The democrat party has really embraced social engineering in a big way.

jwrauch, K75RT, Rave and 2 others like this.
  2. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Your summation is correct. If this was about Racism they would attack the Democrats and the British.
    The Republicans were Abolitionist and organized for that movement. The Democrats were defenders of Human Servitude/Slavery. The British supplied slaves all over the World. Later they would use white poor Europeans as Indentured Humans
    Richard Henry Pratt British coined the word "Racism" in 1902. He wanted all races protected? But he also coined the phrase "Only good Indians were dead Indians",? If alive today Mr. Pratt would vote for Sleepy Joe Biden.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

blaster, jwrauch and K75RT like this.

3. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Chief from Latin/French 1600 AD, derived from the word for Capsum/head. It was never an NDN word. Yes many words were supplied to English which was a more limited vocabulary. The French words were corrupter over time.

4. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I’ve come to the conclusion that no matter what words I use, I’m going to offend some wussy snowflake. So, pizz on’em, I’m going to use the words and slang I grew up with and people will just have to live with it.

Rave, blaster, Big Dog and 2 others like this.
  5. Huey Rider

6. Huey Rider

7. Politically correct means that your free speech is over-ruled; all speech whether racist or not has to be allowed. Remember when the ACLU stood up for the neo-nazis who marched in Skokie, IL? They had a right to their ideas and beliefs, I do not align with theirs but emphatically state that that they have a right to theirs.... politically correct means that what you have learned in church at home or in school as a youngster is invalidated because it "offends" someone...Anti-gun rhetoric offends me...no one cares. Anti-Christian acts offend me...no one cares. These days we are seeing are the results of 30+ years of indoctrination in schools. No longer is the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence taught...really?! The cancel culture wants to remove all links to the "founding Fathers" by calling them old white racists....communist tactics that have been used since the turn of the 20th century....divide, divide, divide...If the leftists ever get their way they will do what every other commie gov't has done oppress, kill, and enslave.

Rave, blaster, Huey Rider and 2 others like this.
  8. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Agreed, brother.

Yeesh, we’re even starting to see the censor police on this site. It’s creeping into everything.:(

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    K75RT and jwrauch like this.
  9. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I make no apologies for how I speak, the words I use. We are the products of our early training and upbringing. Mine did not include Political Correctness!

Huey Rider and K75RT like this.