Polychoke

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Brkdnc, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Brkdnc

Brkdnc Guest

Looking for one to but on a cheap 12ga shotgun I just picked up. Anybody know of a place that sells them, or even if they still are made?

:confused:

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Dude, I came so close to buying an old Poly choked semi-auto shotgun at Cabelas yesterday! I think the old choke systems are so cool! Still think I might go back and get it next week! Don't know of anyone doing it now.

3. Brkdnc

Brkdnc Guest

If I can find a used one that would work too, I know I could get it installed by someone I know.

4. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I have one on my Mossberg 500. Sweet little thing. I didn't totally appreciate it until I adjusted it on the field and got a chipmunk with it.

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Polychoke source

Try Marbles Outdoors:

http://www.marblearms.com/polychoke/polychoke.html

They seem to be the makers of the Polychoke these days. My Dad has one on his old Winchester 1400, and it has worked well.
    I had it installed at a local shop back in the seventies, to make the shotgun more versatile for different hunting situations.

6. NRAJOE

Cool Big Dog, I didn't think anyone did that anymore!

7. Brkdnc

Brkdnc Guest

Thanks Big Dog I just dropped them an e-mail

8. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Love the Internet!

With a little "finger-walking" and "web surfing", you can find anything! ;)

9. NRAJOE

If the old Polychoked Remington semi-auto is still at Cabelas next monday I'm gonna get it. Just needs a little shining up...$229.00. Told the wife if its meant to be it will still be there.