close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pop Up Ads

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by gandog56, Oct 29, 2016.

1. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Ever since the reset I am getting pop up ads constantly, they are very very annoying. Is there Any way for me to stop getting them? I am tired of x'ing them out so I can read posts towards the bottom.

2. Txwheels

Txwheels G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Not sure what Browser you use, but I use Firefox and have what's called 'Ublock and Yes Script' added to it. I have no pop ups at all.

3. 63B20

63B20 G&G Evangelist

Montana
    They are pain they cover a large part of the screen am using win 8.1 and firefox nothing seem to slow them down except closing the forum.

4. Txwheels

I'm on Windows 10 with the Browser and add ons spoken of in the previous message. I don't have any pop ups at all.

Oh and for those that might say I don't have pop ups due to being a forum contributor, I never had pop ups even before I became a contributor

5. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I just think someone really wants me to buy a chevy pick-up.

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I had been getting them too, but the last couple days are much better.

7. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Firefox, I just added Adblock, let's see if it works.

Txwheels likes this.
  8. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

How do I do either or both of those? I get an ad for Michigan hunting about every 20 seconds.

9. Txwheels

If you're using Firefox, click on the browser menu in the upper right hand corner. Then click on 'add ons'
    When that comes up enter 'ad blockers' in the search section. It will bring up about 120 something blockers. scroll through and look for 'U block' and 'yes script'.
    They are what I use and I have absolutely no pop ups.

10. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

This has been corrected if you are supporting member you will not see advertisements.
    Some of the dashboard ad units should only be seen by guests.

However if you do run an ad blocker for G&G and are not a contributor, I ask you not to.

11. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I once asked the site owner on the original G&G about the ads. He told me that every time somebody clicked on an ad G&G got paid for it. So I clicked on them all the time. Is this the case today?