Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been wondering about porting my M-44 with maybe 4 to 6 holes between the front sight and the bayonet mount at the 11 and 1 'Oclock position. Hoping it will help with muzzle flip and recoil. I'm guessing this will make this little barker even louder, but might be a fun cheap mod. Has anyone seen this or had this done to thier rifle? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance!
:feedback:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
have you used one? did it help?
I have a 91/30 and have been told that the muzzle break won't fit properly, due to the different taper in the outer diameter of the barrel.

I have never used one, but I'd be a lot more receptive to put a $12 part on the front that could be removed if I don't like it than to put holes in the barrel that, if they suck, are permanent unless I get the whole thing reworked for more than a new one would cost.... yano? ;-)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I don't think it's going to help the recoil at all... I think that would have to be perfectly engineered. I mean, it's not like you're doing rapid fire with these or anything. If those brakes are $12, try one. Let us know how it works. If it doesn't, you're out $12, but you don't have holes drilled in your barrel. If it does, you're the man!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased a spare original military stock for my M-44 ($12) and installed a Morgan Curved Adjustable Recoil Pad on it. It feels like shooting a .243 Win with 100gr bullets, and I can migrate the barrelled action back so I can have it in original-unmodified condition when I want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts