Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would porting be different for a shotgun barrel if i were shooting "shorty" slugs (I think they are 1.75" long) vs. the standard 2.5-3" long slug? If so, does anyone know how much difference? Different number of holes drilled? Different angle?

·
Wonderment :)
32,890 Posts
Slugfest: Sir; an interesting read

https://magnaport.com/sgun.html

The Pro-port Process: Shotgun Porting

Not all shotgun shooters shoot the same... and not all shotgun porting works the same way. With over 43 years of experience in firearm porting using EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining) we're known as experts in shotgun porting services. Providing shooters high quality porting services, reduction in recoil, and muzzle lift, and also a choice in porting style to suit their needs.

There are two stages of perceived recoil when a shotgun is fired: the first is the result of primary ignition, the second the consequence of expanded propellant burn-off at the muzzle. The ports dissipate shock and, because of their design and placement, redirect muzzle energy to dramatically reduce muzzle lift. For the Shooter this translates into a reduction of perceived recoil of 15 to 20 percent and an average of 60 to 80 percent reduction in muzzle lift! Pro-Porting has proven effective on shotguns of all types, single, over/under, side-by-side, rifled, and slug barrels.

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,366 Posts
If one requires porting for minis

1. Turn in man card
2. Buy a .410

Joking aside, I doubt the mini makes enough gas to matter. From what I’ve shot of them.

If one would insist, no special porting should be required. Energy is energy, gas is gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game

·
Super Moderator
11,533 Posts
If one requires porting for minis

1. Turn in man card
2. Buy a .410

Joking aside, I doubt the mini makes enough gas to matter. From what I’ve shot of them.

If one would insist, no special porting should be required. Energy is energy, gas is gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game
The above is great advice. However, not all gas is created equal !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts