Portland Antifa threaten people in their own homes: "We're gonna burn your house down!"

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Cyrano, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    neophyte, ChaZam and jwrauch like this.
  2. reverendg

reverendg G&G Evangelist

But they are gonna burn you out “peacefully”.

neophyte, ChaZam, jwrauch and 2 others like this.

3. Leftyfixit

Leftyfixit G&G Enthusiast

I like a shotgun and a magnum pistol for home defense. Nothing says go away in the middle of the night like hearing a homeowner cycle the action of a shotgun. If that won't deter a would be home invader the pistol says call the coroner and for really close encounters a machete says tooo late let me bury the body.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    neophyte and jwrauch like this.
  4. Get Out

Get Out G&G Evangelist

IMOA these buffoons should realize that when they make a threat "We're gonna burn your house down!" that's intent and we know they have the means to do so. The loudmouths are setting themselves up to get fired on.

neophyte, ChaZam, Rave and 4 others like this.
  5. SaigaAK74

SaigaAK74 G&G Evangelist

Buckshot: Pellets of love.

neophyte, ChaZam, Fishhead and 2 others like this.
  6. eastbank

eastbank G&G Evangelist

after a few of the burn your house down crowd gets fired upon with wounded and dead laying around, they may suddenly want to be some ware else..

neophyte, ChaZam, blaster and 3 others like this.
  7. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I doubt I'd be able to hear the second one over the sound of rapid rifle fire.
    they'd maybe burn the place down, but they'd have to crawl over a pile of bodies to do it.

neophyte, Rex in OTZ, ChaZam and 4 others like this.
  8. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    In this state, the last I looked, attempting to commit arson of an occupied dwelling fell into the category of justifying lethal force.
    No you won't find it in most self defense quick reference sites.
    Research the statutes I did once comparing Arkansas to Arizona law.

The first incendiary device I see the wielder gets shot if on my property.

neophyte, ChaZam, blaster and 4 others like this.
  9. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

A .22 to the kneecaps, then a rope to the nearest stout tree.
    Rinse and repeat, and the rest will learn to leave that ornery old man alone! :mad:
    If they try a rush, my AR-15 will sing her song......

neophyte, ChaZam, BigEd63 and 4 others like this.
  10. 63B20

63B20 G&G Evangelist

Montana
    All my fire arms Know the tune reach out and touch some one.

11. don5544

don5544 G&G Evangelist

I hope everyone has noticed that more and more of the protesters are armed. They want a firefight.

Maybe what is needed is a few bodies in an area with a court system that will not throw them under a bus.

neophyte, ChaZam, Huey Rider and 3 others like this.
  12. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

I suggest a M4 rifle/pistol build or PDW with a decent RDS and a lot of training. You will need to be able to target and take out the fire bombers without collateral damage to a crowd in general in a highly dynamic situation with potential multiple targets.

Fortunately it is likely the crowd will scatter when the first fire bomber is shot.

Arson is one of the specific crimes for which deadly force is authorized under TX law fwiw.

neophyte, ChaZam, BigEd63 and 2 others like this.
  13. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly G&G Evangelist

That's what I have Night vision scopes and suppresors for. Take out the real threats first,and then the secondary targets real quick,nice and quietly!
    Crossbow's & Compound Bow's work real good also.

neophyte, ChaZam, Ranger4 and 4 others like this.
  14. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

If one could shoot the firebug's legs out just as he's winring up for the throw....... "hot time in the old town tonight!"
    The cops can deal with the Screaming Alpha. :mad:

neophyte, ChaZam, BigEd63 and 3 others like this.
  15. This will be the catalyst that ignites the silent majority that JUST WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE....the instigators are not gonna like the consequences at all...jmho...

neophyte, ChaZam, TXplt and 2 others like this.
  16. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

Think an old 12 gauges capable of slam fire and someone to feed you ammo, , or dueling(alternating fire) shotguns would be best if you could get your household occupants in a safe spot, out of the firing line. When no one is charging feed the tube.
    The Browning developed Winchester 1897 (M97), and Stevens 520, 620 cleared out a lot of overtaken trenches saving a lot of American lives.
    Tight area , blocked in, can not run, converging enemies. This is a battle scenario.
    Take a lesson from what has worked in that situation before, Bunch up back to back, let the guys with the shot guns face toward the greater masses of assailants, and do most of the random wet work.
    Worked in the trenches, will work well in a hallway, or when cornered, same scenario.

neophyte and ChaZam like this.
  17. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

I've got a Mossberg 500 in the hall closet for such an occasion. It's old and was made before they put plugs in the magazine. I've got it stuffed full alternating 00 buck and #2s. No round in the chamber though in case my daughters go exploring in there and find it. The old Mossberg still works perfectly and the previous owner had the idea of putting a bright orange bead on it for a front sight. I've never tried to use it in the dark but I suspect the thing would be visible.

neophyte, ChaZam, BigEd63 and 3 others like this.
  18. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

some snipers on top of the buildings would take care of the agitators and those carrying weapons.:rolleyes:

19. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

It would take perfect timing but I like to imagine a 12 gauge load of birdshot shattering the bottle, just as the arm is winding up for the throw. Now, THAT would be justice - charbroiled auntyfags.

In reality, a triple tap to center mass or pelvic girdle, with a suitable, short-barreled, semi-auto rifle ought to do the trick.

neophyte, ChaZam, Big Dog and 3 others like this.
  20. Ranger4

Ranger4 G&G Evangelist

From my law enforcement days I recall how we went to great lengths to pick up fired casings and to take any guns into evidence. Of course, a bullet can be matched to a barrel and a casing can be traced to a gun from chamber, extractor and firing pin marks. Buckshot, and turkey loads do not leave much in the way of identifying marks that can be traced to an individual gun. Technically it can be done, (neutron deactivation analysis, maybe, but then they have to match that shot cup traces to that gun barrel to that group of pellets, at a cost of at least $10,000, the last I heard) so not much risk of tying a shotgun to the shooter. My point?

Every shooting is going to be investigation by the local elected DA. Do you trust yours?

High capacity handgun on the hip, AR carbine or pistol on a sling and shotgun in the hands, just my thought.

When I was a kid we were not very sophisticated. As a teenager I figured out that #4 Buckshot was the best overall hunting round made. You get 21, 0.24 caliber bullets in one shot. You can kill rabbits and coyotes at 60-70 yards. They were great for ducks also, I once killed 3 in one shot, and that was before they got off the water. I am more sophisticated now, I just keep them in my pump under the bed. So, buckshot gets my vote.