Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so AIM Surplus has a Yugo SKS-VG M59/66 for 159.95. Is this a good price? Is it worth it for a Yugo SKS? also what does the VG mean? I'm really interested in a semi auto rifle and this would be a nice one to add. So far all i have are 2 mosins and a carcano chambered in the 6.5mm. How does the kick and power of the SKS compare to these guns?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah ok. now how good of quality are the Yugo sks? and like i said what does the VG stand for? Anyone bought any from AIM Surplus?

·
Registered
9,333 Posts
VG = very good (condition) I lucked out and got my Yugo sks s before the price went up.($89 -$120 depending on condition) they are well made versions of the sks with milled instead of stamped parts. as far as recoil, after shooting your Moisin you wont even feel the little 7.62x39. balisticaly they are like the .30-30 win.

AIM surplus is good company to buy from. over the years I've bought quite a few guns from them with no problems

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah. so then 159.95 for this particular rifle would be a very wise and good investment? is it possible to buy the ammo in bulk like with the 7.62x54mmR?

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Nick type in SAMCO and look at theres they even have new condition SKS's
While your at it also check out Classic Arms too...A.H

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I dont have a FFL or a C&R. Not old enough. Only 18. The thing with AIM Surplus is that its just up the road and i can walk in and pick one up

EDIT: so would the 159.95 from AIM Surplus be a good investment? The guns worth that much?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Firearm policy

First read the firearm policy at AIM Surplus if you don't have a FFL or C&R. I took a look at their site and found this
FIREARM PURCHASING REQUIREMENTS
It is Required for you to have a copy of your signed Federal Firearms License, or Collector of Curio & Relics License on file with us BEFORE ordering Firearms from this Website. It is also required to have a copy of any local or state licenses required for a firearm purchase to be on file. All orders placed without, or prior to, an signed copy of the Federal Firearms License (or other necessary licensing) on file will be Deleted without notice.

We must have posted at the same time nick112207

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably. Because i bought a Mosin-Nagant M44 from AIM at the actual building and only thing they require is you fill out the usual fire arm purchasing form, ID, and the money for it. Though there is a gun show coming to town on December 15 and 16. Would it be better to wait till then than purchase one from AIM Surplus now?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'd say its a good price looking on gunbroker.com prices range from 130 to 250 depending on condition. But you might luck out if you wait till the gun show maybe you could get a deal. good luck

gunbroker.com prices can be a little high some times. I've seen web sites ask for 70 to 90 dollars usually for a mosin-nagant m44 where gun brokers users are asking for more that 100 usually

·
Registered
177 Posts
Don't you need a FFL to use gunbroker.com? How does it work? Like how do you pay and that stuff?
Its like ebay for guns. you bid and so forth. but you either send them (the seller) your FFL or C&R, or you can talk to a local FFL holder have them ship the gun to them and then they can transfer the gun to you. most do this for a very low price usually under 35 dollars. This is very common when buying a gun online. how you pay is determined usually by the seller like check, money order and so forth

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All the SKS's ive seen on there are either alot more expensive than the SKS at AIM or they are the same price but the transfer fee from the local gun store would make it about the same as AIM but id have to wait alot longer. I'll just have to either get the one from AIM now or wait untill the gunshow. I really want a SKS to go along with my 2 Mosin's and my Carcano

·
Registered
9,333 Posts
when you bought your m-44 did they let you pick it out? if they let you look them over first,that alone makes it a better deal. I've only ordered from them and don't recall any disappointment,but seeing first would be best.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
You can't actually go and look at the firearm. But when they hand you the gun you can open it up and inspect it right there on the spot and if there is anything wrong with it then they will get another one.

Their guarantee is that the gun will match the description. Which is that the stock and all the metal parts are in very good condition. Only thing that they wont cover is the condition of the bore because it was a service rifle and shot corrosive ammo.

·
Registered
9,333 Posts
since you can inspect the rifle, I'd go with AIM. sometimes people unload lemons at the shows. I went to a show a couple of weeks ago in Miami and all the skss I saw were over priced. $150 and up.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ah alright. Thanks. Now could i expect to find lots of stripper clips for both the Mosin-Nagant and the Yugo SKS at the gun show?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cheapest one is only 10 bucks less than the one at AIM and like said above i have no FFL so having the gun shop do a buy for me then transfer would probably make it more and take longer

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Just go with the AIM SKS.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts