Colt Post ban Colt M-4 Muzzle Break... is it removeable?

Discussion in 'Colt' started by rkdawson, May 11, 2008.

1. rkdawson

rkdawson Guest

I have a Colt M-4 with the post ban Muzzle Break. 2 pins seem to hold it in place, one on top and one on the bottom. Could I remove the pins and unscrew it, or is there more to it? This is one for the experts. Yes I'm new to this forum...but a long time gun owner and marksman.

2. rocketmonty

rocketmonty G&G Newbie

look's to me that is brazed besides pinned, that can be not threaded . when threaded only have a pin at 6:00. use ( map gas) and a rubber mallet to loose out .

3. rkdawson

rkdawson Guest

Thanks Rocketmonty, but I'm not quite sure what braise and map gas is. But if you don't think that there is no threading, then it's a moot point. I wanted to mount a Vortex Flash Hider on it. Thats what I get for buying the Post Ban M-4. I get complaints about the side blast from the Miculek Muzzle Break from other shooters at the range.

4. rkdawson

rkdawson Guest

Thanks Rocketmonty,

I'm not sure what brazed and map gas is. But if you don't think that there is any threading, then it's a moot point. I wanted to mount a Vortex Flash Hider on it. Been getting complaints at the range from shooters to the side of me due to the side blast from the Miculek Muzzle Break. Thank you for your response.

5. Righteous

Righteous Guest

hell let them complain

6. rkdawson

rkdawson Guest

Here is a pic of her and the muzzle break.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  7. rkdawson

rkdawson Guest

and the other side of her

Attached Files:

8. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Shooters complaining of muzzle blast ???? Take an M38 Mosin to the range...lol.
    That Muzzle break is fixed and I don't believe it is threaded...
    Rich

9. Not meant to come off easily. Post ban for a reason. They didn't want people to be able to easily, without maybe ruining the barrel, alter them to preban.

And I could be wrong here and if I am, someone can and will correct me.

You are better off just buying a preban upper. I say this because if they enact that same or another different ban, you might have to put that one back to post ban configuration. I say that because, if someone were to look that up via the serial #, it would show it to be a post ban rifle and that is how it would have to be if another or same ban were to be. Again, someone can and will correct me if I'm wrong. But the easiest thing to do is to just get a different upper. Then you can get whatever muzzle break/flash suppressor you want...

I think whomever said it was right. Looks as if the pins were brazed after being put it. Means you'll tear both the muzzle break and probably the barrel up trying to get it off. Again, someone can and will correct me on this also if I'm wrong.

Good luck!

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  10. rkdawson

rkdawson Guest

Thanks both Mooseman684 and Glockmeister, I think that you both are right....and I was thinking of just getting a new upper anyway maybe in 6.8 SPC....hhhhmmmm just wondering how to sell this to the wife. But honey!....it's bothering other people at the range.....yep she'll go for it. LOL

11. Just tell her the truth. And then tell her you'll be buying her a beautiful diamond tennis bracelet. lol

12. ghost_raven

ghost_raven G&G Evangelist

There's a reason that rifleman magazine has so many ads for expensive jewelry :)