Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a picture of my SKS. I also wanted to let ya'll know that the stock (Tapco) scope mount (UTG) and the Scope (Ultimate Arms) was purchased on Ebay for a total of 95 dollars!! The mount fits tight after following the directions and filing the receiver cover the way they said to. It doesn't move at all! I believe this is the best deal out there for SKS.

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice A-10. I am surprised there have not been more ppl posting. Come on where is all the SKS Owners.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Those pictures ar a little blury, but I can still tell that the stock of that rifle is beautiful. It has a very nice grain.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
I was lucky to get in on the Yugo SKS rush early. I'd been curious and interested in the SKS for several years, but most of my shootin' buddies poo poo'ed them. My local gun shop got a bunch of them...I guess 3 or 4 years ago. My buddy that works there(...one of the many SKS critics) called me and told me about quality of this variation. He went through lot and put the pick of the litter in layaway for me. I think I only paid $169 for it. It is probably the best value gun purchase I've ever made. Here it is:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice. I wish the stock on mine looked like that when I got it. Instead it looked like it had been thru a war. LOL. I have done alot to get it to look like it does now. I am a very proud owner considering I only paid 125 for it I think I got a good deal. Of course I put another 100 bucks into it after the purchase. I think I still did good since most places are asking 250 for the Norinco at the least.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I gotta ask where did you get that sweet bipod Zephri? I am also assuming that muzzle brake is a screw on. Would I be correct?

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I hate yall for showing pictures of your SKS's... LOL... I want one !!!!!
I want one dressed up like ZEPHRI's !!!!!
I'm gun poor now...I think I'll start me a thread to donate to A.H where he can buy him an SKS like every members has here!

Nice pictures Guys and did any of you see the Thread about the new magazines that are available from Cabela's I posted today they have 5, 10, 20, 30, 40 & 50 round magzines that are suppose to work with out problems...A.H

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,839 Posts
Here is my son shooting a scout configured red dot norinco. I finished the stock. I no longer have this gun. I bought the sks for 130, added the scout mount and a free red dot. I got offered 300 for it, wasn't that attached to it.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Does that scout mount just clamp onto the rear sights?

·
Registered
18,982 Posts
I would post a pic if I could,mine is a Norinco with the short 16" barrel,otherwise looks like most posted.:)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
That I can agree with Jerry. I would take the the 300 and run too. Man Billy you have quite the collection there. Looks like a happy family :). Also yes A-10 it does replace the rear sight. I thought about doing that but didn't like the distance to the scope. I got mine mounted on the receiver cover. I like that alot. If you are very patient when you go thru the process of mounting it it will go on and stay tight.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts