Post the first gun you ever owned/or bought

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Bigfoot, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Afton NY
    I don't know if this has ever been a thread on here before, though it might be a good one though. Mine was an Ithaca super single lever 12 ga. My father had let me use some of his before but that was the first one i could call my own. What was yours? Do you still have it? Unfortunately, i don't. Excuse me if this has been threaded before. Thought it might be a trip down memory lane for all.

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

mine was my Uncles Stevens model 15, single shot .22 that he gave to me.

unfortunatly i ruined it. in my youthful ambitions, my 1st gunsmithing attempt, i tried to make a handgun out of it. boy was my dad pissed, i did not know cut down rifles are illegal. man i wish i hadn't done that now.

i was not old enough to know better, just young enough to be stupid:34:

3. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Savage M24, 22 over .410. That gun was stolen later on. I found a duplicate a few years ago and just love the memories of days afield.

4. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

GlenfieldMarlin 60-1968 I was 8

5. Assuming BB guns don't count then a Savage .22 when I was 12. Felt more like an adult and trusted with more responsibility when I was given that little rifle than when I bought my first car.

6. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Mine is a pre-53 Marlin 39-A that was given to me by my dad in 1975 and yes, I still have it. My grandson loves it even though he's too small to shoot it unsupported. He tucks the butt under his arm and scrunches his head down so he can see the sights and turns into a tin-can killing machine...

7. mine was a 1928 STEVENs M87a .22 auto that was given to me when i was 12 from my grandpa and it still shoots and looks like it did when my grandpa got it when he was younger, and i even got spare parts to fix pretty much everything but the barrel

8. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

Mine was a Kentucky Belt Pistol kit from CVA circa 1974

9. Ferroflame

Ferroflame G&G Newbie

Mosin Nagant 91/30. Still have her, still love her.

10. I shot several different guns of my dad's, but the very first one that was mine was a Winchester single shot 20 gauge shotgun.

My twin brother and I was given a choice - shotgun or class ring in school.

Both of us still have those single shots. Man, did we ever shoot a lot of shells through them!

11. White Rook

White Rook G&G Evangelist

My first rifle was a Marlin model 60. I traded it for a Marlin model 99M1 back in 1973 and I still have model 99M1...I liked the walnut stock on the 99 better.

12. Ninja Piper

Ninja Piper G&G Evangelist

If the Daisy Red Ryder carbine counts... that. If not it was a Mossberg 500 12 ga. I got from a friend of mine who was PCSing to Korea. Got the gun and 4 ammo cans of extra ammo for $100.

13. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

First gun I owned was a Winchester 9422XTR that belonged to my dad. First gun I purchased was a marlin 60.

14. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Evangelist

My first firearm of any kind was a Remington single shot Bolt action 220 swift. at 10. Killed my first deer with it at 12. Killed lots of groundhogs and rabbits with it. Had to head shot sitting rabbits though. Shoot it in the body and it made a heck of a mess.

15. ... a Ruger 10/22, still, (and in my opinion) one of the absolute best .22's ever.

Larry O

16. roverboy

roverboy G&G Enthusiast

First gun ever owned is a Winchester Model 37 16Ga. It belonged to my Father and it s been mine since I was 2. I didn't get to shoot it till I was about 10. The first gun I ever bought was a Marlin Model 60 that I sold years ago.

17. 9mmXDm

9mmXDm Suspended

Springfield Armory XDm9 (9mm) still have it.

18. waterdog

waterdog G&G Enthusiast

Winchester mod. 102 .22 single shot, still got it.

19. Billyz

Billyz G&G Newbie

Savage model 35 .22 rifle I got for my 13th birthday. I still have it and its still a tack driver at 50 yards.

20. larmus

larmus G&G Enthusiast

1st real gun was a Remington 870 magnum express 12g

1st handgun was a charter arms .38special snub nose