close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Practice bomb falls on Texas house

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Just found this on CNN.....we dont need no talaban..we got the US AIRFORCE bombing texas homes... I bet bin lading is loveing this one.......glad it was just a practice bomb..course makes you wounder why they would practice bombing occupide homes in Texas...

Practice bomb falls on Texas house
    July 18, 2002 Posted: 7:33 PM EDT (2333 GMT)

One of the practice bombs created this hole in the ceiling of the bathroom in a home in Monahans, Texas, on Tuesday.

HOLLOMAN AIR FORCE BASE, New Mexico (AP) -- The Air Force has grounded a fighter pilot who accidentally dropped three dummy bombs, including one that fell on a house.

The pilot did not know his F-117A stealth fighter was carrying the 25-pound practice bombs as he targeted trash bins and other structures during a training exercise Tuesday, the pilot's wing commander said.

"This is not the way we do business, and we're very disappointed it happened," Brig. Gen. Marc Rogers said.

The pilot, whose name was not released, dropped the bombs on a home in Monahans, Texas, and near roads in Pecos, Texas, and Maljimar, New Mexico. No one was injured.

He was suspended pending an investigation.

Rogers said training flights are routinely flown around the Southwest using cameras to simulate bombs aimed at targets, sometimes in populated areas.

Rogers said a routine preflight check, performed by pilots and maintenance personnel, includes an inspection of the bomb bay. But other factors, including a mechanical failure in the plane, may have caused the accident, he said.

One of the practice bombs went through a home's roof and into a bathroom, plowing six feet into the ground. Rogers said the Air Force will repair the home.

Copyright 2002 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

:p

2. wes

wes G&G Newbie

"Gee,I didn't know it was loaded." Heard that one before. I think the Air Force should not only repair this house,but build the guy a bomb shelter too.

3. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Can you imagin calling into work..Hay boss Im gona be late "I just got Bombed"...no realy I had a real bomb hit my house..no Im not drinking..The AF bombed my house.....No I not in Afganastan....I m not jokeing boss ... no I took my meds... Listen a real bomb was droped on my house and Im gona be late.......

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

First the Taliban, then those pesky Texans! We'll rid the world of nogoodniks yet! LOL!

5. i can't stop laughing at this, them little 25 pounders are tiny but being dropped from a plane into a house i can only imagine the damage. This pilots cable musta been out and could'nt watch tv so he had to make his own fun...:jet:

6. Good thing there wasn't a practice explosion to go with it. The pilot was lost he thought he was over Ohio.

7. Wayne

Wayne G&G Newbie

Yep Doglips,. Here at Ft Hood they had a stray tank round hit a barn a good 5 miles from where it was suppose to hit Completely off the military base and across a major highway. Sure ticked off the farmer. They put the blame on the National Guard troops who were training at the time

8. NRAJOE

Hee, hee HOWDY alan...:p

9. Hey Joe guess you figured I would reply to the Texan comment. God bless you and your sense of humor.

10. NRAJOE

I try not to mess with Texas too much. :D

11. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Joe,I thought about saying something about Texans,but didn't want alan to jump all over me like he did you. hehe

12. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

NRAJoe, Texans are probably much better armed and trained than the Taliban.

13. HUB CAP

IN 1951 WE LOST A TURRET COVER FROM A B-29 OVER SEGUIN (SP?) TEXAS. BY THE TIME WE HAD LANDED AT RANDOLPH THE LOCAL POLICE WERE AT THE GATE TO RETURN OUR HUB CAP??????

DANA

14. Klaus -you got that right. Wes-- NRAJOE--he's the only comedian on this site--there is not room for two. I wasn't born in Texas, but it is my home. I'll trade the humidity with you. And we tend to be pesky, but not as bad as giant spiders.

15. NRAJOE

Wes, don't worry about alan so much,its that Klaus guy that scares me!! SPOOKY! :eek: :D

16. NRAJOE

Texans guard our southern borders while us Ohioans and Michiganders protect our Northern borders from those insidious Canadians! Darn hosers! :p

17. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

Yeah!

Thank God for the Michigan Navy!

18. NRAJOE

Yooper!, er I mean yepper!

19. You think?

You don't know me well enough to make that comment.:assult:

20. NRAJOE

ooooooo! sorry tuff guy, my bad! :eek: :eek: