close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Prayer request please

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by surgicaltech, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Prayers on the way!!

surgicaltech and neophyte like this.
  2. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Prayers the New Year presents a suitable job for you all and that things get better.

surgicaltech and neophyte like this.

3. Junction15

Junction15 G&G Evangelist

surgicaltech - I have sent my prayers for you and your wife.
    Hang in there. God does not allow us to be tested to the point we cannot stand any longer, without Him making a way out of our desperation.
    And I think you know that and believe in that too, or else you would not be asking for prayers. But it can be tough to hang on when things look so miserable.
    But please know that everyone here has been in dire straits too and we can genuinely empathize with you.

I have a saying that I use quite often. Sometimes half joking and other times it's very serious.
    "Five more minutes".
    Hang on five more minutes to wait until something changes.
    Five more minutes until quitting time - even though it's only 10 in the morning.
    Five more minutes until summertime.
    Five more minutes for that thumb you hit with a hammer to stop throbbing.
    Five more minutes for that traffic jam to clear.
    When I quit smoking so long ago, it was five more minutes to wait until I could smoke a cigarette. And when that 5 was up, I waited five more, and five more, and five more until I had it licked.

I won't relate here where "Five more minutes" comes from, because it's a sad story. But there was an important concept to take away from it. In God's view, five minutes is faster than a blink of the eye. Or it could seem like an eternity. When misery seems the worst, all we have to do is to hang on for just five more minutes. I tell myself, "Just five more minutes". Soon enough, the problem will have passed and that five minutes will seem faster than an eye blink.

May God bless you and comfort you.

4. surgicaltech

surgicaltech G&G Enthusiast

Bio-Med requires an electronics background. I'm no teacher, I don't mind being a preceptor in the O.R. but to stand in front of a bunch of people, it's not for me. And to be honest being a surgical tech is a thankless job. We get crapped on left and right. Then you add to the fact that I was a traveler and that just compounded everything. They don't know you so they think you're lower than whale crap and your opinion doesn't matter, period. You get the worst cases with the worst surgeons because regular staff refuses to work with them. It can be a total mess. But, on the other hand I've met and worked with some of the most amazing people and was treated with respect. So that's kind of why I want out of the O.R.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    neophyte likes this.