close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Prayers for my wife

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Cyrano, Feb 16, 2017.

1. john_r

john_r G&G Evangelist

Jax, Fla
    Prayers for sure. She needs serious medical intervention, stat.

Other than that, she sounds like our 6 year old food-fussy combined with our 16 year old who would sit in her room and listen to the same music over and over if she could.

Cyrano likes this.
  2. Jay

Jay Old man, No tact... Staff Member

Thoughts and prayers are with her......

Cyrano likes this.

3. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

SEMO
    Big Dog is right C. You need to have this looked at, and ASAP.

Cyrano likes this.
  4. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Thank you all for the prayers and advice. BFF took the day off work and came over to mind her while I had to to go to a parent-teacher conference re: Junior and then on to the garage to get two urgent repairs done to H.I.M.'s car. She spent the time on the phone with a list of mental health professionals. Cutting to the chase, sometime next week Her Imperial Majesty will be checking in to a sanatarium for a few days, as soon as a bed opens up; and then will continue as an outpatient. It looks like the health plan she still has from work will cover most of it.

I'm not worried about her getting to the firearms; they are all kept in locked cases. What I am doing is asking Uncle Paul to help me move all the ammo over to his house, which will alleviate the problem.

5. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Prayers continue. †

Bvhawk and neophyte like this.
  6. BaserRonin

BaserRonin G&G Evangelist

CO
    We're pulling for you.

Cyrano and neophyte like this.
  7. I'm glad you both have her BFF to call on for help during all of this. It's going to be a rough ride for everyone for the next couple of weeks to be sure. Feel free to call me any time, day or night, even at 3:00 am if you need to talk. YOU need and deserve support, too.

Still sending love and healing prayers, and adding prayers to help you cope until she gets that open bed space.

Brandhard and Cyrano like this.
  8. Prayers Sent!.. and as some have already mentioned any new meds even antibiotics can have very adverse psychological effects. I once was prescribed a different antibiotic for a simple sinus infection because I had two of them too close together so they didn't want to give me the same stuff. Never had a reaction before in my life but it sent me way off the deep end and though I knew something was wrong I was out there too far to put two and two together... God Bless and I hope your wife gets better soon!

Bvhawk and Cyrano like this.
  9. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Doggone Roy, I just spotted this post. Prayers for your wife and the rest of your gang.

Brandhard and Cyrano like this.
  10. Cyrano

New York
    All the help from the Band of Fellers is appreciated more than you know.

Uncle Paul came over for about 3 hours tonight to help. After watching H.I.M. for awhile (I even got her to eat a couple of bites of a KFC chicken tender), he concluded that the Naked Juice I have been persuading her to drink at BFF's suggestion are a major contribution to her manic state.

I'm going to cut her off tomorrow and see if that helps any. I will observe that being in the same house as a crazy person is a real trial, especially the way that hers is manifesting with constant repetition of the same things over and over and over and over.

ChaZam and ncnascarlady like this.
  11. Prayers sent for you and your wife. Hope everything gets right.

12. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

There was a man who sent a prayer to God to build a bridge to Hawaii so he could get in his car and drive to Hawaii. God responded with, son that's too materialistic you need to ask for something more spiritual. The man responded, God can you tell me when a woman says yes, she means no a cries a lot. God came back. You want that bridge in a 2 lane or a 4 lane?

Cyrano and austinjoe13 like this.
  13. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Has she been running a fever or complaining of headaches . Dental infections can sometimes lead to bacterial meningitis . Prayers sent.

14. Hey Fellers...

I got a brief call from Cyrano about an hour ago letting me know H.I.M. has gotten significantly worse. It's not my place to go into details, but if you all would say an extra prayer for Cyrano, H.I.M., Junior, Uncle Paul and BFF, it would be deeply appreciated.

Hopefully Cyrano will be able to stop by and let you all know he's okay. If not, I'll ask if I may post updates including details of H.I.M.'s condition. He knows you're all concerned for the family and it's helping him stay strong.

Cyrano, Stickman, grizcty and 2 others like this.
  15. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Thanks for the update ncnascarlady... Prayers for Roy's family.

Cyrano and ncnascarlady like this.
  16. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Prayer sent for all.

Cyrano and ncnascarlady like this.
  17. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Prayers redoubled. Fervently wishing a good recovery for the Lady.

Cyrano, jwrauch and ncnascarlady like this.
  18. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Prayers increased.

ncnascarlady and Cyrano like this.
  19. Cyrano

New York
    Hi, guys. Here's the update on Her Imperial Majesty.

She seemed to be doing better yesterday evening. I went to bed about 10:15; it had been a long, trying day. She retired to the master bedroom, I hoped to sleep. Instead, she wrote a long, disconnected, lunatic rant and then posted it all over the place online. Then she started phoning people, fortunately family members.

I got a text on my phone from BFF saying she's going bananas online. I got up and shut down the router so she could not put out any more insane rambling, and as soon as she got off the phone disconnected the landline at the base station so she could not call out except on her cellphone, which I snagged, shut off, and hid as soon as I could.

When I got up in the morning, she complained she could not get online. I "called" the cable company and told her there was a service outage in our area, and they weren't sure how long it would take to fix. This did not affect her, as she was off on another incoherent rant. Uncle Paul came over and we tried to calm her down, and thought we were succeeding.

Then she went berserk. She decided that Uncle Paul was responsible for all the troubles, that he was responsible for Trump winning the election, and told him that he was a dead man and I was to cut his head off and kick it around the room. When I refused to even consider such a thing, she totally lost it and attacked first me, then him. Around that time BFF arrived at the house, tried to calm her down, and wound up having to sit on her to keep her from attacking Paul and me. At that point I concluded that the situation had escalated to the point where she was a threat to others and herself and called 9-1-1. Didn't want to do it, but there didn't seem to be a choice. When I had a chance to think about it later, I realized my feeling at that moment was very like that of Captain Kirk in 'Balance of Terror:' "Inform Starfleet Command that in my opinion no option. On my responsibility, we are proceeding into the Neutral Zone."

The 9-1-1 operator was a piece of work more interested in collecting my personal information than assisting. When the dipstick transferred me to the County Sheriff's dispatcher, we got action. They sent three cruisers, one of them a female deputy, who observed H.I.M. for a few minutes and took reports from Uncle Paul, BFF and me, and concluded we had not exaggerated the case. BFF got her calmed enough to put on shoes and leave the house. The deputies put her in handcuffs for her (and their) safety, and took her to the county hospital while BFF followed and I followed after reassuring Junior that his mother was not under arrest, but was just being taken to the hospital to get some help she urgently needed, which he accepted. Uncle Paul stayed with him while BFF and I were away.

The deputies wanted to know if there were any firearms in the house. I told them I was a collector and there were. The senior deputy suggested that the guns be removed until after the crisis was finally resolved. I told him I had already removed all the ammunition in the house to a safe place (Uncle Paul's basement), and pointed out that a gun without ammo is a paperweight. The deputy accepted this as a workable solution after I informed him all the guns were in locked gun racks or locked hardcases.

At the hospital, the crisis manager who deals with mental health issues eventually met with us and brought us up to date. Her Imperial Majesty was being admitted because although she was initially calm, when the duty MD interviewed her she tripped her safeties again and that was all she wrote. We won't be able to see her until tomorrow, and maybe not then. The crisis manager advised us to call ahead, get a report on her mental state, find out what if anything we are allowed to bring her, and then decide whether or not we should visit. It being a holiday weekend, she is not going to be properly evaluated until Tuesday by the head of the psychiatric service. The crisis manager advised that if she is suffering from what he thinks she is, she'll be kept in for a week to ten days.

BFF, Uncle Paul, and H.I.M.'s good friend Kevin (by phone) spent a lot of time at the hospital and after we got home tracking down and deleting the crazy paranoid ramblings she had posted in the middle of the night on social media and online sites. My contribution was deducing all of her passwords so we could get into her computer and cellphone and track down what she posted, and when a personal response was called for, writing posts emulating her speech patterns advising that she had been hacked; thus (we hope) preserving her electronic face.

Thank you for keeping us all in your thoughts. I'll provide more news when I have some, which I hope will be better than this report was.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    TACAV, jwrauch, Huey Rider and 5 others like this.
  20. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Cyrano, you did what you had to do. When she returns to her own mind, she will know that. Not that she will be happy. But I sure cannot think of any better way to have handled this situation.