close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Prayers for my wife

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Cyrano, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Great news! An answer to, or name for, a problem makes it easier to cope with. Try to get in touch with her doctor and see what they suggest for dealing with the unpleasant conversation that's to come before H.I.M. is released. The doctor might suggest having it in the hospital before she's released just in case of a melt down.

Personally, even if they don't get back to you, I'd do it before the paperwork is signed releasing her. The absolute last thing you need or want is a repeat of last week.

Hang in there. There's a light at the end of the tunnel and it might not be the train for once. ;)

2. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

BFF and I went to see her tonight. She was back to her normal self and completely rational. The PCP or whatever it was has almost completely cleared her system. She seems to have lost somewhere between 10 and 15 pounds and does not look as healthy as she usually does; there is an unpleasant gauntness about her. I'm not sure if it's because of the drugs or because in her manic state she simply wasn't eating.

Her Imperial Majesty will be released around 11:30 tomorrow morning. I'm trying to arrange for Uncle Paul to mind him at the house rather than bring him with me to the hospital. They won't let him come up to the ward, he's too young, which would complicate things substantially. The alternative is for BFF to meet me at the hospital and mind him there, which would delay her release at least an hour. It can't be helped; I daren't leave him home alone for the 60 to 90 minutes it takes to go to the hospital, check her out, and return.

3. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Her Imperial Majesty was back home, and seems somewhat back to normal. Paul was delayed by a work emergency (he was working from home to accommodate my needs today), and as a result I got off late to pick Princess Whinybitch up. Then I got to the hospital, which does not have anywhere near enough parking spaces for the number of people who are in and out of the place for treatment, doctors' appointments, visits with patients, etc. It took me eight minutes to find a place to park, and midway through scouring the parking lot and looking for a space my cellphone rang with her complaining that I was late coming to pick her up. Then of course I had to wait outside the ward for ten minutes while they tracked down her purse and whatnot before they finally let her out.

She seems perfectly normal, and is upstairs paying the bills, which for her seems to be a touchstone with normality. I just hope the situation will remain normal. She has an appointment with a therapist of some sort tomorrow, which I will have to drive her to.

Again, thanks to all of you who have been there supporting us in this troubled time.

TACAV, Brandhard, grizcty and 8 others like this.
  4. Yup. Sounds like the status quo at your house. Glad she's home, hope the therapist can keep her on the right side of the world.

neophyte and ChaZam like this.
  5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Very happy things are getting back to an even keel. Still need to figure out WHY she took whatever she took.
    But, you can get some sleep. Been a very trying few days.

6. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    Or if there is any left over someplace in the house, ala a stash. Glad to hear she's OK and this didn't have anything to do with a dental infection.

neophyte, grizcty and chesterwin like this.
  7. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Glad to hear things are returning to and pray, remain on an even keel. Glad to hear the preliminary good news.

MoDoc, grizcty and neophyte like this.
  8. God Bless You! As I've read all you've been through I have to say that I've had flashback's to 2003 when my 2nd Ex wend off the deep end and tried to OD / Suicide and I ended up having her involuntarily committed for a week or two. Of course everyone's situation is different, but when you go through mental illness or drug abuse with someone you love it's almost like you keep looking around the corner expecting Rod Serling to appear and explain things for you and hoping for a commercial break or the show just to be over. Just please Remember to take care of yourself and give yourself the gift of time as much as possible.. It's not selfish, and you can't be there for your Son and your Wife if you're so drained that you can't maintain clarity for yourself.

I've done the "Crazy Train" and like you was fortunate to have some friends who helped me to keep desperately needed perspective.. So again God Bless, and just so you know from all you've shared you've been doing a Helluva Good Job in Keeping it all together!

neophyte, rando, Cyrano and 3 others like this.
  9. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Tomorrow while she is at the therapist.
    For the well being of your son, and yourself.
    I would search the house from stem to stern. (Especially the bedroom)
    Looking for any paraphernalia or unknown drugs. If you find anything, take pictures of the location and all the items. Then flush them down the toilet immediately. I would also have a very stern conversation with her friend!
    Sadly, I have been down this road before. :(
    Things can, and will get better with time.

If I can be of any help.
    Feel free to contact me anytime.

EtherialOne, neophyte, Cyrano and 2 others like this.
  10. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Prayers be with you and the Mrs. I am sorry it took so long for me to realize the request was here. :(:oops:

neophyte, grizcty and Cyrano like this.
  11. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Roy,
    I am hoping things are going better for you, Junior and your wife.
    How is the counseling sessions going?
    Prayers continue.

neophyte likes this.
  12. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Glad to hear things are getting better Cyrano, and I hope they continue to get better.

You Sir are a good man.

ncnascarlady likes this.
  13. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Haven't seen any update on the home situation and was just wondering if things are still looking somewhat better than they did for awhile. Prayers that they are Roy.

chesterwin, neophyte and grizcty like this.