Okay, I just got home and mowed some grass for the sheep and donkeys since the pasture is getting pretty thin. I only have a little time here now. More will follow after I get some chance to work with things this weekend. The experiment described in "Experiment coming up" is finished. The set with intentionally great distribution of case weights came in at 3.692 inches by initial measurement. I noticed a pretty wide scattering of the ejected cases compared to the others with this group also. The set with the random weights was pretty good by comparison, measuring a 2.387 with 3 obvious flyers ruining what would otherwise have been a nice cluster of holes in the paper. The final set, comprised of cases that I had grouped to weigh 93.2 grains +/-.1 was a little disappointing. It measures 2.256 at the widest and seems to be comprised of two subsets of what appears to be 9 rounds each. The other two are in there somewhere, but I don't spot them with a cursory examination. I will post pics of the groups this weekend. As a followup, I will resize/deprime all 60 cases and weigh each one carefully, reporting the results here. There may be more or less variation of the case weights in each group than I tried to have going in. I will not trim them or clean the primer pockets, just deprime/resize. At this point, there appears to be a slight advantage to weight grouping the cases, and there also appears to be a definitive advantage to eliminating the ones that are outside what I estimate to be 1.5 to 2 standard deviations from the mean weight of a group. I'll do the math later, too and see what it shows. For now, you guys can chew on these results as you see fit. Have fun!