close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

President Trump to sign an executive order on health care

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by grizcty, Oct 12, 2017.

1. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Rand Paul actually agrees with something. :D

The White House announced Thursday that President Trump is taking executive action on health care as Congress stalls on efforts to overhaul ObamaCare, calling for a plan that could let employers band together and offer coverage across state lines.

An executive order Trump plans to sign Thursday morning aims to offer “alternatives” to ObamaCare plans and increase competition to bring down costs.

“The time has come to give Americans the freedom to purchase health insurance across state lines, which will create a truly competitive national marketplace that will bring costs way down and provide far better care,” Trump said in a statement.

According to officials, Trump will direct the secretary of labor to consider expanding access to Association Health Plans, which could allow employers to form groups across state lines offering coverage. According to the White House, these plans could offer lower rates.

Those "association health plans" could be shielded from some state and federal insurance requirements. But responding to concerns, the White House said participating employers could not exclude any workers from the plan, or charge more to those in poor health.

The order also calls on other federal agencies to consider expanding coverage in low-cost, short-term insurance plans not subject to ObamaCare rules.

It's unlikely to reverse the trend of insurers exiting state markets. About half of U.S. counties will have only one ObamaCare insurer next year, although it appears that no counties will be left without a carrier as was initially feared.

The move comes after congressional Republicans repeatedly have been unable to pass legislation repealing or reforming the Affordable Care Act, which critics say has led to rising premiums and diminishing coverage options – in some cases forcing consumers to lose their previous plans and doctors. Trump’s executive order could clear the way for cheaper, more bare-bones insurance policies.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...utive-order-goes-around-stalled-congress.html

SKS NOOB, TXplt, jwrauch and 2 others like this.
  2. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

But that is what the Libtards WANT. One government controlled insurer.

Rave and PAPA G like this.

3. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I saw no mention of Rand Paul, so I guess you heard else where about his comment.
    :);):D:usa2:

Rambo and jwrauch like this.
  4. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    The_Wardog and PAPA G like this.
  5. my1871colt45

my1871colt45 G&G Evangelist

Oklahoma
    Per the article.........
    "The president was joined at the signing by several Republican lawmakers, including Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, who called it “the biggest free market reform of health care in a generation.”

Rand Paul was actually standing behind the Pres. As he signed it
    It's probably Rands' baby to begin with.

TXplt, jwrauch and PAPA G like this.
  6. This just indicates to me that I'm possibly right in thinking we live in a post-constitutional world. Lip service, and only when it benefits their desires.

Ten Man and PAPA G like this.
  7. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

OOPSY! I missed it. Thanks for informing me!!! :);):D :usa2:

TXplt and my1871colt45 like this.
  8. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Well, they are all in it together, that is for sure.

As far as the law, the law itself allows for this EA (intended to defer powers to a president they thought would be there forever). As does the cancellation of the bogus Iran deal — the stipulation in the bad deal to begin with that the president could de-certify (and effectively neuter it).

The clean air act was NEVER meant to be used to regulate made up and fake pollutants like Freon or CO2. But the leftists used executive policy loopholes to morph it into something they could get their hooks into. Thankfully now that there is a different administration in place most of the CO2 BS is being walked back. But it’s better not to have laws with such wide authority in the first place.

So it’s actually a vastly different president than the leftists had thought exploiting loopholes in a lousy law to begin with.

Lucky for us.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    PAPA G likes this.
  9. draftingmonkey

draftingmonkey G&G Evangelist

Too little too late. Will still be without health insurance next year.

PAPA G and ncnascarlady like this.
  10. Works for me !..................

11. Same here. And you can forget about NC expanding Medicaid.

PAPA G likes this.
  12. Rambo

Rambo Norse by birth Forum Contributor

He will use an EO to end the ACA subsidies as well. Legislating by EO was wrong according to many here and in Congress the last 8 years. Wrong if you are not a Republican President.

13. dhermesc

dhermesc G&G Evangelist

Actually Trump is abiding by the Iran deal. The deal is decertified if the president finds that Iran is in violation of the terms of the agreement. Obama thought that Hillary would be rubber stamping it. Trump's state department (such as it is) has determined that Iran is violating the agreement and as per the terms the deal is decertified. Obama and friends can't believe that the US government is going to stick to what was written and go through the very process he set up.

PAPA G likes this.
  14. Why do I get the feeling there's some trip hazard buried in there that'll screw Trump?

PAPA G likes this.
  15. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

The "Health Care" racket is going to get a lot dicier.

16. Yup. And most of us still won't be able to afford the level of health care we need.