Presidential Debate Tonight?

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by AK Hunter, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Alberta
    Far Left radicals are killing people. Wallace (and other liberal bobbleheads) respond by asking Trump to denounce some unknown right-wing groups.

Seriously?

Ranger4, AK Hunter, Ten Man and 4 others like this.
  2. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

It was a given that being on nbc & moderated by wallace, that it'd be slanted in biden's favor. Does the RNC not have any say in who holds the debates & who moderates?

3. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 <------------<<<-

You’d think the current president would have some say in it, or maybe the senate or house.

jwrauch likes this.
  4. Fishhead

Fishhead G&G Evangelist

This +100

Every time Biden started to go off the deep end, Trump spoke over him and effectively let him off the hook. Trump committed the Cardinal sin of interrupting ones enemy while he is making a mistake. He also came off as boorish and un-presidential. His base may expect and excuse him for being himself, but he did NO favors for himself in the eyes of independents and fence-sitters. He allowed his ego to make him appear off-putting to any uncommitted voters or those that could be convinced that tuned in to hear two adults engage in a frank but civilized exchange of ideas. For those folks, I fear Trump's personality spoiled his ideas and accomplishments.

Yes, Trump needed to STFU and let everyone clearly hear what Biden had to say. There were many occasions when where Biden was headed would NEVER play in Peoria. Too bad we didn't get to hear where he would have ended up. Thanks Don... NOT!

jwrauch and Jaison like this.
  5. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Wife changed the channel after the first five minutes and we spent the evening watching "The Big Bang Theory" Time much better spent.

6. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    Biden was the usual lying sack of turds defaulting to the typical Libtardian platitudes and buzz words

Trump had to handle debating two people Biden and Wallace and did a fairly decent job overall.

Sorry if it offends some here.

BTW, did anyone else study Biden's facial expressions and posture before the replies? I swear he had to be listening to someone a good part of the time before replying.
    Or just maybe the voices in his head.

7. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Alberta
    I did notice Biden was looking down a lot. Cheat sheet? Listening to someone? who knows....

8. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

Biden spoke awfully coherent for not being coached or reading something.

Ranger4, ItstheHOFF, TXplt and 2 others like this.
  9. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

He was reading off notes.

blaster, ItstheHOFF, Jaison and 2 others like this.
  10. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Ed you certainly did not offend me. I know also what you are saying about the look on Bidens face. H e was off somewhere and not listening to Trump. Something was going on with him. Maybe a listening device?? I commented about it twice to my son.

BigEd63, blaster, ItstheHOFF and 3 others like this.
  11. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

he was being fed his next lines.

before the debate they wanted to set rules and one of them was no ear buds.
    trump said okay, Joe said no F'N way am I letting someone look in my ear.

12. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Well, the leftists have been going nuts all day doing damage control so I guess Trump 'won.'

So something positive came out of the sh.t show.

A good barometer is usually how and when the lame stream media scurries. Guess they might make good cockroaches; if they could survive something which they probably couldn't.

13. Sportsterboy

Sportsterboy G&G Evangelist

This first debate was Fox hosted/sponsored.
    Chris Wallace (even though on Fox) is no conservative.
    He single-handedly has ruined what used to be the only watchable Sunday morning news show.
    I knew it would be anti-Trump and softballs all night for Biden before watching it.
    Chris didn't let me down on that respect.
    Ear buds with lines fed is the only way Joe got thru the 90 minutes. Even with help,
    the last 30 minutes were really tough for him.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    rando, BigEd63, Huey Rider and 2 others like this.
  14. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Each side is claiming victory with their pundants backing it up...go figure.

Big Dog likes this.
  15. chris l2018

chris l2018 G&G Evangelist

UK
    How can you tell when politicians are lying?..

Their lips move and noises come from their faces..

Ranger4 and Huey Rider like this.
  16. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    I'm also wondering if Bidump was on meds or something. His pupils didn't look right. Well looking odder than normal for him like wearing tinted contact lenses or something.

TXplt and rando like this.
  17. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Something was going on and weird for sure. Trump was talking twice and Biden in no way was listening to HIM. He was off somewhere with a gaze in his eyes. Had that look like when you are trying listen to something or someone else but could not hear. He was concentrating on trying to hear something and it was not Trump. His eyes were staring blankly and looked like chameleon.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    blaster, Huey Rider and TXplt like this.
  18. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Tennessee