close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Price check Chinese AK

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BAT21, Jun 8, 2002.

1. I found a mint condition Chinese AK with a nice light wood not too grainy and metalwork that looked clean -no excessive toolmarks, etc. It was not a Norinco but was imported by some American firm and I just can't remember the name!
    The gun has a bayonet built into it ( I don't know if they are all like this) and the gun in general appears to be unfired.

Any ideas on a good price?? - it comes with a 30 or 40 round mag.

Thanks!

2. florgy

florgy G&G Newbie

Sounds like it might be a poly-tech rifle. Check the import marks. Pre-1989 import ban rifle were only imported by Kengs firearms of Georgia. Price and worth are many times two different things. Fair market value for a polytech is only slightly more than a Norinco because of a perceived difference in quality. Between $600 and $1000 depending on condition, accessories and region. It's actually worth whatever you are willing to pay for it.
    Post-ban polytech rifles will have an SP etched on the receiver, thumbhole stock and neutered bayonet assembly. FMV is between $300 and $500 depending on condition, accessories, and region. Actual value rule still applies. Regards.

3. thanks for the reply. This is definitely a pre-ban gun and appears to be made nicely and neatly machined. Its not a hairy thrown together appearing gun. It looks very reminicent of the Yugo Ak that also appeared to be a quality gun also. And no thumbhole stock - this is a straight pistol grip w/ nice blonde wood.

He wants $1200 - I think he's a bit high for a chinese gun, even though is a preban.

4. florgy

florgy G&G Newbie

If it only comes with a 30 or 40 round magazine, the price is waaay high. 1200 is high even for a polytech legend NIB. for a plain-jane polytech with a stamped receiver and the accessories you mentioned, I wouldn't pay a penny more than $800. Regards.

5. kirkcdl

kirkcdl G&G Newbie

ORYGUN
    Go to Gunbroker.com or Auctionarms.com,search for the model you're looking for, print it and tell him you'll match that price,no more.You might have to wait a bit and let the auction end first,but at least you'll be able to show what the "real world"value is....just a thought...