close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Price difference-PM9 to PM45

Discussion in 'Kahr' started by blat, Jun 30, 2011.

1. blat

blat G&G Addict

I have a PM9 that is almost new.It has all the factory stuff that came with it. It's been fired 20 times at most.There is not a scratch or blemish on it anywhere.
    I wanted to trade it for a PM45.A local dealer here asked $350 DIFFERENCE!!!
    I cannot believe this!! Of course I said no way. Is there any valid reason that a guy would unabashedly ask that kind of price difference between these 2 guns???

2. flyingbrkracing

flyingbrkracing G&G Enthusiast

According to the Kahr website, new there is about a $70 difference between the two.
    If that was the first figure they gave you they may expect you to haggle,if they won't then don't do the deal.
    You didn't mention what the PM45 cost or what they offered for your gun but your 9mm and $350 sounds a bit much.
    Sell it outright then go back and make a cash deal.

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like he was low balling...but used guns don't bring as much as new...and also .45 demands more money than a 9mm.

4. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

Usually a gun store will do that. It's a business, not a charity.

Sell it private party for what you think it is worth, then buy the .45.

5. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

buy a new car and put a few miles on it and then go take it to the dealership and see what they offer you. Chances are it isn't going to be anywhere near what you paid for it. It's the same thing for a firearm. Firearms lose their value like anything else. Dealers are in the business to make money and for them to buy your pistol at close to what you paid for it wouldn't be very smart on their part. If they did that then they wouldn't be in business very long.
    Your best bet is to try and sell it yourself. You might find the right person that is willing to take it off your hands.

6. blat

blat G&G Addict

I'm not too dumb to realize that they must make a profit, but do they need to make it all on one sale? I mean, c'mon, $350??
    Another dealer quoted me $175 on the same deal, which is still too much for me.
    Anyway, I went out with another gun that I wasn't using, to my regular dealer, and traded for a new Para GI 1911.I know that the 1911 does not fit the same niche as a micro 45.
    I'll keep my PM9, loaded with 115 +P+, and be content.

7. I try and only buy used.

Last year I saw a PM40 and thought it was a 9 because of its small size. Paid 400 for it, including both mags.

It holds six shots and shoots great. Very accurate and reliable.

I let the first buyer take the depreciation