close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Prices have gone up!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Snakebite, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Went to one of the gun dealers today to just look and see what he had. He had about 5 Yugos that looked pretty beat up and he wanted $489 EACH!!!! I bet they are are on his shelf for a long time unless somebody that doesnt know any better buys one. It wasnt that long ago that you could buy 5 or 6 of them for that price. He still has that 91/30 Mosin that I want and my tax refund came today so he can mark that one sold tomorrow.

2. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Boy talk about not knowing the market! I hate it for that dealer. I think you could get an '88 Mitchell Arms preban Yugo for close to that price. Apparently from reading the previous posts, a used Yugo can be a problem. I own two that are in excellent condition and I have to say I like my Romanian better because it's lighter and very accurate at 100 yds.

3. I got a flyer from Inter Ordnance yesterday and all of their firearms are priced. The Yugo SKS in very good, excellent, or unissued are marked P. O. R.

Apparently they are getting higher and InterOrdnance doesn't want to shock anyone by listing the price like the rest of their rifles.

4. JohnD

JohnD Member

We can get the yugos in canada for $355 or so and that is canadian money.

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Late last year I picked up my Yugo for $159 from my favorite vendor, and have nothing but praise for it. Two other vendors had the same rifles for a hundred bucks more, same condition. I hope our prices don't get to what you quoted. We still see the occasional Russian for around $400, and the Chinese for about $300. I've never seen a Romanian here locally that I would buy for any price - they all look like the lost one heck of a battle, and were left on the field for days. In the rain.
    I don't enough about the finer points of Russian and Chinese SKS's to know what is rare or particularly sought after, but what I've seen are generally in good shape.

6. Man are ya'll really paying that high a price for an SKS I just bought 5 Romanians for $189 a peice. I had 5 before that which were given to family members so I could have a reason to buy some more. :lol

$300+ seems awfully high ....

7. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Yeah, I saw one for $199 at Dunhams, and thought that was high. But I guess that's alright for a final price. Anyone know what to inspect them for?

8. militarianut

militarianut G&G Newbie

Ohio ordanance had em for 150 or so and i've been seeing um for $190 and less all the time. If you like SKS' move to ohio!
    -myers

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36

9. militarianut

militarianut G&G Newbie

Ohio ordanance had em for 150 or so and i've been seeing um for $190 and less all the time. If you like SKS' move to ohio!
    -myers

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36

10. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Militarianut,I love that Luke 22:36,really appropriate!
    As far as the prices going up,no news there!We all knew it would happen,supply and demand you know.
    The anti-gunners are really pleased too,if they have their way we won't be able to get one at any price,legally that is.
    If they do away with private sales and the FFL dealers have no competition I look for the average beat up SKS to go for at least $500,and the price will continue to escalate.
    Moral of the story is vote for folks who are for freedom,if you can find them and they are not lying,and get while the gettin's good!:nod: :nod: :nod: :cool:

11. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

You know,I think I am seeing a pattern here,I wind up the last posting one most threads,hummm,am I offensive,or do I just get the last word in?
    Perhaps it's that I end with a statement instead of a question?
    Hummmm.:confused: :confused: :cool: :cool:

12. You must use deodorant, I can't smell you from here. Must just be coincidence.

I have felt that way on occasion, doesn't everyone?

13. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

Rave, I've found you to give such good input that sometimes you've wrapped up the conversation pretty well. Honestly, I've wondered the same thing, since I tend to be the last post on many threads, so hopefully my reasons are as good as yours.

14. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

G3,Firemedic,thanks for the feedback.makes sense and i appreciate it.
    Whew,glad it wasn't something else!:D :D :D

15. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

GET A CURIO & RELICS LICENSE ( IT'S EASY ) , THEN YOU CAN GET EXCELLENT SKS AND OTHER GUNS DIRT CHEAP THROUGH SOUTHERN OHIO GUN FOR BETWEEN $139.00 AND $179.00 DEPENDING ON CONDITION. GET THE RUSSIAN OR ROMANIAN SKS , NOT THOSE CRAPPY NORINCOS! :D

16. Kevin

Kevin G&G Newbie

Century has Yugo M59/66's, good cond. w/cracked stock on sale this month for 99.87.

17. jlc

jlc G&G Newbie

There are still some out there, gun show this weekend had yugo's $169.95. Found two Norincos NIB for 175 at a local pawnshop as well.

18. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Thanks for the opinions NRAJOE,but I think I would rather shell out a few more bucks on a private sale than be involved with the FED!:cool:

19. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

The best deal I ever got on a Romanian SKS was $155.00 + 12.00 shipping... with a C&R FFL. The best deal I ever got on a Soviet and Chinese SKS was around $99.00 out the door at a gunshow. The Romanian purchase was around a year ago. The others were around 1995. I consider ANY SKS in mint or N.mint, (NRA excellent to very good) for $200.00 or less to be an excellent buy! I would caution you guys on the Yugo SKS's that have seen use. The gas systems can give problems and the barrels, lacking a chrome lining, can be pitted. Be careful, try to buy a Yugo in mint condition if you can.

SKS's are fun, I really enjoy shooting mine!

Jesse

20. bigwheel

bigwheel G&G Newbie

SKS

DITTO with NRAJOE! For $35 bucks and a clean record, you can get a batf C&R (curio & relic) license. Go to the BATF web site and download the application. They send you the original, you make a bunch of copies (keeping the original in a safe place) and mail off blue ink signed (original signature) copies to places like SouthernOhioGun, Century International Arms, Navy Arms Surplus, etc... (look in Shotgun News), and SHAZAMM, the BBT (big brown truck) can bring firearms right to your door at reasonable prices.. This thread started off talking about a $500 YUGO, try $150 +/- delivered to your door. I always pay the "hand pick" charge and get very nice to "new" stuff.
    M-44 $50.00
    M-48A Mauser less then $100
    .308 Enfield Ishapore $100
    CZ-52 pistol $130
    Ballester Sistema (colt 1911A clone) $300

The list goes on and on... The C&R was the best thing I ever did...
    :assult: :assult: :assult: