Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm down to my last 100 Winchester large rifle primers and so far haven't found them available anywhere. I did make a contact with a big time reloader and he hooked me up with 1000 Wolf primers. I assume they are OK but would like to hear if anyone has first hand experience with the Wolf brand primers.

·
Registered
12,281 Posts
your in good shape
i snagged 3 sleeves of their small rifle primers some time back and they will actually out shoot several on shore brands in many situations.
i'd buy more in a heartbeat, but i doubt we will ever see them in my lifetime.

the only issue i have with them is they don't ft through my Dillon primer tube fillers so i gotta pick and poke them by hand [shrug]

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
American Reloading has all sizes of primers in stock. they are pricy but available. they have some sizes in CCI but most sizes are from Argentina, but they shoot just fine. their shipping is slow though.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
I shot a quite a few of the Wolf primers during a previous primer shortage. The small pistol primers worked perfectly. I did have some issues with the large pistol primers, a few of them were so hard I couldn’t set them off. It was only about 1 out of 100 with a problem. It looked like the cup material was too thick, they would barely be marked even with a heavy hitting revolver hammer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
No go on Sportsman’s Warehouse on large rifle primers locally, They did have some small rifle and pistol primers. I called the closest Academy (about 20 miles away) Sunday and wonder of wonders, they had just received a case of larger rifle primers. There is a four sleeve limit per day. I made the trip and was a bit surprised that the primers were Federal Gold Metal @ 9.95/100 sleeve. That might not be a terrible price considering the scarcity of primers in general and that these are premium primers. I suppose that i was lucky to find the primers because I was almost completely out of them.

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
the Large Pistol primers I ordered from Am. Reloading came today. they are Ginex brand made in Bosnia. I'm priming some 10mm brass with them as we speak. so far, I can't see any difference other than the color from the Winchester primers I've been using.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
A sorta local online auction has 2 lots of 5,000 Remington LP primers currently at $215+ with 11 days to go. Oh yeah, don't forget the 15% buyer's premium. While I was typing this both lots went up $5.00!

·
Registered
9,530 Posts
During to Obama reign I picked up 10K small rifle magnum primers. The guy I was supposed to split the order on decided to back out and left me on the hook for the whole lot. Anyways they work great and i've not had a single miss fire with them.

·
Registered
10,333 Posts
I loaded up a few hundred 10mm cases with the Ginex primers. they shoot just fine. haven't chronoed any yet but they sound & feel the same as any other primer.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
An
No go on Sportsman’s Warehouse on large rifle primers locally, They did have some small rifle and pistol primers. I called the closest Academy (about 20 miles away) Sunday and wonder of wonders, they had just received a case of larger rifle primers. There is a four sleeve limit per day. I made the trip and was a bit surprised that the primers were Federal Gold Metal @ 9.95/100 sleeve. That might not be a terrible price considering the scarcity of primers in general and that these are premium primers. I suppose that i was lucky to find the primers because I was almost completely out of them.
Academy in Oklahoma City had Federal SPP match primers yesterday, $10/100 with a limit of four. I passed on them, I got some a couple months ago at Cabela's about ten miles away for $7.90/100. I passed, the more people that pay the higher price the higher they will go. I understand people who have none and pay the higher price, just the way markets work, they will charge the most you will pay.

Bass Pro only had shotgun 209 primers in stock for $15.99/100. I also passed and told them that was nuts, they need to know when you are not happy with price. I can order shotgun primers for half that price, but shipping and tax and hazmat brings them to brings them 10 cents per round which is still much less than the 16 cents at Bass Pro.

just sayin.

Reactions: neophyte

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Both lots of 5,000 Remington LP primers is at $460/each! I started stocking up on components and ammo many, many years ago so, if I got to retire, I wouldn't have to buy anything. These numbers are insane to me. Are they in line with current prices or have these bidders gone around the bend?

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Well I passed up those Federal pistol primers yesterday at $10/100 limit four. Today I stopped at a local gun store and the only thing they had was the Federal Premium AR small rifle primers. Supposedly they have a harder primer than normal to,prevent slam fires. I bought 1000/$80.00. 8cents each works for me for those. I will use the for 223 , 300 , 400 Corbon and 454. Have been short of SRP so a good day for me. Those will last a long time.

·
Registered
12,281 Posts
450 shipped is what i was seeing yesterday on one website.
that's waay beyond my cut-off point, especially since i was buying primers for 22.99 right before this whole mess.
plus the spot price for copper just dropped 30%.
plus they said 15% even if that is on top of 35$ that'd still only be $46 a brick.
50 will probably be close to the the settle down price if you just swing by somewhere and pick them up, 40 will be on sale.
we just have to get the minimum for now and pay attention later.

·
Registered
12,281 Posts
speaking of which.
my youngest called me today asking if i needed any shot shell wads.
umm no, but see if they got any powder or primers.
yeah some primers,,, 5.00 a hundred...... limit of 2.
well 50 a brick ain't bad, but they didn't have any bricks.

Reactions: neophyte

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
speaking of which.
my youngest called me today asking if i needed any shot shell wads.
umm no, but see if they got any powder or primers.
yeah some primers,,, 5.00 a hundred...... limit of 2.
well 50 a brick ain't bad, but they didn't have any bricks.
I have bot seen any 5 cent primers in nearly 3 years. Those match I bought yesterday for $80 is the best I have seen in 2022. I was not happy but at least they are match.

Automotive tire Font Audio equipment Dvd Eyelash

1 - 20 of 30 Posts