Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Banned
14,554 Posts
My granddad started out plowing behind a mule

My grandfather was alive for both world wars, the first airplane flight and the moon landing, and was alive at the rise and fall of communism.
My parents were born during WWII and remember the air raids, the low supply of food, neighborhood collections of scrap materials, and VE day. My father was assistant university faculty when the senior faculty were communist refugees from nazi Europe (ever wonder how our education system became so stinking communist?) Communists, Jews, and Communist Jews alike screwed him over for being a conservative blonde haired blue eyed guy who grew up in freedom.
Sure, I was born in 1982. Pretty much on the tail end of Gen X and beginning of Gen-whatever. But my parents were almost WWII gen, not really baby boomers at all. In a sense, I'm three generations in one. Based on my parentage, I'm almost a baby boomer, based on my birth I'm mutant Gen-X and Gen-Whatever.
Sure I'm rounding up to a quarter century, but I sure do feel every year of it.
At the end of the day, he'd unhitch it, go wash up, and ride it over to see my grandmother. He married her when he was 14, and started sharecropping. Eventually made it out to California with his large family, and found a good job. He lived to see the lunar landings on TV.

This is kind of a thread within a thread, the generational talk woven around the talk of printable targets. But I was glad to get those target sites too, back when troylaplante first posted them.

· Registered
953 Posts
My grandfather was alive for both world wars, the first airplane flight and the moon landing, and was alive at the rise and fall of communism.

My parents were born during WWII and remember the air raids, the low supply of food, neighborhood collections of scrap materials, and VE day. My father was assistant university faculty when the senior faculty were communist refugees from nazi Europe (ever wonder how our education system became so stinking communist?) Communists, Jews, and Communist Jews alike screwed him over for being a conservative blonde haired blue eyed guy who grew up in freedom.

Sure, I was born in 1982. Pretty much on the tail end of Gen X and beginning of Gen-whatever. But my parents were almost WWII gen, not really baby boomers at all. In a sense, I'm three generations in one. Based on my parentage, I'm almost a baby boomer, based on my birth I'm mutant Gen-X and Gen-Whatever.

Sure I'm rounding up to a quarter century, but I sure do feel every year of it.
You are a pup your not even a 70's baby!
:lmao:

· Registered
16,485 Posts
Very cool Thank you. Now I just wish my printer would and could print them big enough. lol Dog gone it. Now I gotta go out and buy a bigger printer. NOT! Thanks again Troyaplante.

I think I'm going to load some of these onto my flash drive and head off to kinkos for some late-night printing... and tomorrow, I shoot off some of my new Czech Silver Tip 7.62x54R (See Military Surplus Ammunition in Mosin Nagant for more).
Hey bud, I just tried to follow your advice and save some to the flash drive to do the same as you, go to Kinko's or elsewhere and have them printed. Problem for some reason was, it wouldn't let me save it to a flash drive. Did you have this problem? Anyone know why? Or what I can do so I can save it to either a flash drive or will I have to save them to a CD-Rom?

Thanks for any and all help...

· Registered
23 Posts
Hey I just saw this thread. Cool. I'm a graphic designer and web programmer by profession so it was natural for me to kill time at the office by designing targets. Now I see there are a bunch of places to download and print your own for free? Figures.:raincloud:

However, the ones I created are supposed to be fun and entertaining to use. Little challenges or trails of progression. And I can print them out on 11x17, which is nice.

Think anyone would pay for these::AR15firing: "Gotta Getta Gun" Targets?

((I'm not trying to spam, honest!))

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.