Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a marlin model 60. Took it to the range and the first shot I took, the gun jams. I shot about 250 rounds out of it, every time i loaded the 14 rounds 3 to 4 out of 14 would jam. I shot American eagle rounds, I know they are not realy good rounds but i bought them with gun. I'm thinking about going to the range with cci stingers and try them out, but i still think there is a problem with the gun. Does anyone have a suggestions what could be wrong. thanks for your support:banghead:

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Take it back !!! where you bought it and get another one.!!!

I've got a remingtom BDL 552 that jams...I was attached by a grizzly bear and this gun jammed and the bear ate me alive.

p.s. the good folks here told me to try federal, but I have'nt got to it yet.
Good Luck. AH

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,698 Posts
When buying a NEW twentytwo rifle, the FIRST step is to disassemble it and clean out the preservative oil - very sticky stuff and NOT a lube!
Then lightly oil and reassemble it.
If it's a used gun then the fault could be any number of things.
Also, try more brands of ammo. Most .22 rifles are picky and like certain brands more than others. Find what it really likes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've had a Marlin 60 for years and never a misfire. Also you can load 18 rnds into the tube according to the manual. Clean it up good and try again. Just gotta say, make sure you're using long rifles because nothing else will work. Generally I have used Federal, Remington, and CCI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts