Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PSA is having a sale on complete 20" 308 Gen2 uppers, and their complete .308 Gen2 lowers. Ordering one comes to just under $600 shipped. So you can get a complete AR10, sans magazine, for $600 plus whatever your transfer fee happens to be.

I've been doing a fair amount of reading on the Gen2 PA10. The Gen1's apparently had some quality control issues with the chambers, but that appears to have been resolved on the Gen2. Most everything I found on the Gen2 has been positive. I think the Gen2's are pretty new, and there isn't a ton of information on them yet.

Do you have one of these? Have you ever shot one? I am wondering what magazines work with them.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just saw they have an 18" stainless upper for $20 less than the 20" Chrome Molly option I opted for.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the answer to the magazine question. A reseller had a better description than PSA does...

https://www.ar15part.com/PA10-Lower-Receiver-Gen-2-Complete-p/psapa10308clr6pbg2.htm

Palmetto State Armory GEN 2 model PA10 7075 T6 aluminum lower receiver with our standard lower parts kit and a 308 6 position carbine length buttstock kit. LR-308 pattern dimensions and coating ensure the highest quality and function. This is the LR-308/DPMS pattern and will work with DPMS pattern upper receivers. For absolute best performance and fit, we highly recommend mating with a Palmetto State Armory 308 upper receiver. Will not work with Rock River or Armalite pattern uppers. Takes SR-25/DPMS style magazines.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered 2 of the ten round PMags. I will want to find 2 or 3 twenty or twenty-five round magazines for it in the future, and maybe a 5 round magazine for hunting. I doubt I'd hunt with it, but it is an option...

Today, at work, I keep thinking about how I have a reason to load up a bunch of .308 now. It also just occurred to me that it is probably timed to arrive while I'm out elk hunting.

Reactions: ChaZam
1 - 7 of 7 Posts