PU Scope Help

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Aviator, May 21, 2008.

1. Aviator

Aviator G&G Newbie

I am looking for a PU scope to put on my M91/30 and came across two places on the internet with late model manufactured scopes so I am wanting to know if anyone has had experience with either.

Kalinka Optics has a PU which is suppose to be made at the same manufacturer NPZ Optics with steel mount. They advertise it that way on their website. They are out at the moment. IOINC has a PU scope with steel mount that they say on their website is made with the same machines, etc. as the original but don't give the manufaturer's names. When I asked the sales guy if they were made by the same manufacturer as the real scopes all he could say is "that's what they tell us". What/Who is the manufacturer of the real deal?

One is a few bucks cheaper but I'd really like to know what experience that anyone has had with either of these "PU" scopes.

Aviator

2. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

You see different claims and generic references made all over the place! I have read that the scopes sold by Kalinka Optics are indeed made at the same factory, but are actually "factory seconds" that are assembled off site.

IO, Inc sells both steel and aluminum mounts, so make sure you specify.
    Accumounts sells steel PU rigs complete, as well as PEM.