Purchasing Guns, across state lines?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Sniper[MI], Oct 22, 2002.

1. Howdy,

Can anyone tell me if there is a problem if I purchase a gun in a state that is not my own? I am heading to my old hometown this weekend and wanted to pick up a shotgun a friend has told me about at a Gun dealer there.

I live in Michigan UP and am going to Wisconsin this weekend. Any help?

2. guffster

guffster Guest

If it's like here, between Miss. & Tenn. you can be out of state & purchase long guns, but not handguns.

3. WalMart to the rescue!

Howdy,

Went to the local WalMart, across the river which is out of state. The head of the Sporting Goods dept assured me that long gun purchases were no big deal. Just do all the paperwork and the NICS check and be on my merry way with my new toy.....

4. guffster

guffster Guest

good deal, what kind of shotgun are you getting?

5. I dunno

Howdy Guffster,

I hav a price range, a credit card and about 10 really good gunshops to search......

I was looking for a 12 ga pump but after that it is an open door as to who makes it.

6. k8cca

k8cca G&G Newbie

Anyone know about Ohio and Michigan? I was wanting to visit Aim this spring and bring a trunk load home!

7. Call Aim

Howdy,

In that case I'd just call Aim and ask them.

Also be sure to contact the states you will be traveling through as with the recent events in the East, a guy driving through the MidWest with a trunk full of Mil-Surp may have a fun time explaining himself at a routine traffic stop...........
    :rolleyes:

8. BattleRifleG3

BattleRifleG3 G&G Evangelist

I was thinkin about that too... Does AIM sell to individuals in person? What about SOG? Figured I could make a road trip this summer.