close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

put a 770 and a 597 on layaway

Discussion in 'Remington' started by hemingway89, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Erickson

Erickson G&G Evangelist

If you end up getting a 7600 I would love to hear your thoughts on it. My father as a very old (older than I) Remington 7600 in 270 and while accurate, it kicks like an old mule. Not meaning to discourage or talk down about the rifle, just curious about your experience with a probably newer model.

2. I will let you know if I do. It's real high on my list once I finish my AR build. There is one on my local armslist that has been up at $600 obo for a while that I have been tempted to throw an offer to. Especially if the guy is wiling to take .22lr in part trade as a lot of others have been lately.

3. Tack Driver

Tack Driver G&G Evangelist

Can't remember off the top of my head, is that an autoloader? My dad has an old 742 from the 70's or 80's that he has killed 25-30 deer with. Has been a great rifle over the years. Still got it, and man is it still in beautiful shape. Pretty old gun, he has an 1100 12ga from the same time period that matches it :)

Kad Skirata likes this.
  4. It's a pump action with detachable mags. I believe it comes with a 5 round mag, but 10 and 15 round mags are available. From some of the articles I have read some prefer it to bolt action because you can take a follow up shot quicker and keep sights on the deer.

Tack Driver likes this.
  5. Tack Driver

Tack Driver G&G Evangelist

Ahhh okay, my girlfriend's dad has one of those chambered in .280... He has killed many deer with it and says it's been a great, dependable rifle. I have shot it once and liked it. Definitely unique being a pump action rifle, action was pretty smooth

6. I shot a 760 several times when I was a teenager. It was a fun gun, and could fire almost as fast as an aimed semi-auto. The bonus was on the rare misfire you could just jack it out and shoot the next round. It's one of the rifles I would love to have if I came across one for a price I can afford. It would be worth skipping a few meals to take one home.

Tack Driver likes this.
  7. hemingway89

hemingway89 G&G Evangelist

That's the price my buddy gave me msrp gotta be stupid.is your ruger a semi or a bolt. I've been curious of the american rifle in compact .22mag

8. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Ruger American 22 mag is bolt action Hemingway. Seen em advertised for $265 in some places. Bluing is a high polish black oxide.

9. hemingway89

You only said ruger compact you didn't specify which gun ☺

10. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Gotcha you're right. Really dig the black oxide bluing if ya want to call it bluing. If interested shop around for best price. Not bad for the money.

11. hemingway89

Ive seen them at walmartbut never handeld them

12. mauser9

mauser9 G&G Evangelist

Hmm. Walmart. Dumb-azz me did not think of them. I got so disgusted with trying to find 22 mag ammo there in the past.

hemingway89 likes this.