Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been looking at the Rock Island Armory 10mm's for a while. Today I was out and about on my day off and found a little shop that had a RIA rock ultra FS in 10mm in the display case for $625.00 so I ask to purchase it and the guy kind of laughed at me a little then said that I would have to come back tomorrow or on my next day off because his phone line was down from a windstorm the night before last and he couldn't call the instacheck line for the paper work . so i gave him $100.00 to hold it for me and my phone # so with in the next few days i'll be getting a phone call to go and do paper work an pick it up.

ordered 1,000 cast bullets from Missouri bullets 180gr round nose coated.
stopped at a local reloading shop picked up a few hundred pieces of brass.
looking to also get a few extra mags
and need to try and locate the hard stuff powder and LG pistol primers an dies

· Registered
26,919 Posts
I have one of those. Got some spare mags and some 10mm ammo finally but haven't gotten to the range with it yet. (I have some others that haven't been to the range also). That sounds like a good price though. Mine is the hi capacity double stack and it was $679.99 plus tax...

· Premium Member
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So in a very weird turn of events this morning the RIA 10mm got switched out for a Ruger New Model Blackhawk 6 1/2" chambered in .41 Rem Mag.
So this morning I get the kid's off to school and decided to head out and see what all I could find for the 10mm. while stopping at several different gun stores and reloading shops. not finding too much of anything. was on my way home when I stopped at one last gun shop and was looking in the handgun display case while the owner was helping another customer and I spy a Ruger New Model Blackhawk in 41 mag. in the case, I ask the guy if it was new or used and he says brand new took it out of the box about an hour ago. it had no price tag on it so I ask how much he says $600.00.
and my reply was SOLD! It's a 6.5" barrel blued 41 Rem Mag. I have a thing for Blackhawks.
after all that was finished drove out to the place where the 10mm was and told him that i would not be getting the RIA which he said no problem that he had another guy interested in it.

pictures to follow

· Premium Member
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone.
Range report my be awhile for as the only box of ammo I could find today local was federal premium vital-shok 180gr barns bullets @ $50.00 for 20 rounds.
I have never shot a 41 so I'm patiently waiting to find some cheaper ammo or components to reload.
An It's sitting very nicely with the 45 colt and the 357 mag Blackhawks already in the gun cabinet.

Now after having 3 Blackhawks i really wish my 44mag was also one. but i can live with it being a S&W629

· Since 03-15- 2002
28,272 Posts
I would love to own a .41 Blackhawk. I agree with being underrated. I take my .357 as back up for deer season, but wouldn’t mind that slight competitive edge. Never did warm up to .44 mag much. Go figure, coming from a guy who likes 16ga, 3&5” barrels, and other odd ball stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.