quality affordable scope?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jester_masque, May 5, 2008.

1. jester_masque

jester_masque Guest

I am looking for a good affordable scope for my ruger 300 mag. Any ideas?

2. soulracer

soulracer Guest

check my thread below.. "quality, low cost optics. There have been a few responses there.

3. .280Rem

.280Rem Guest

Leupold VX II, 3x-9x. Good quality, affordable price. You wont go wrong with a Leupold.

4. soulracer

soulracer Guest

You may want to more accurately define "affordable"..some see 1500 as an affordable scope and others see that as top of the line.

5. .280Rem

.280Rem Guest

Midway had the Leupold 3-9 x 40 for $299.99. To me, that is probably the best all around value in scopes. Lots of bang for the buck IMO.

6. With the work that crosses my bench, I've found the Nikon Monarch and the Weaver Classic's offer a good value. Most any blue colar working Joe can afford one and they offer acceptable performance. Nothing leaves my bench with a lesser scope, preferably better,,,

7. I know I'm going to regret asking this but what happened to the tasco world class scopes. I haven't bought a scope in over fifteen years back then the world class was considered a good scope. I should have kept up with it, but I was busy raising my kids.

8. turner

turner Guest

I have two: First is a Leupold European in either 2-7x33 or 3-9x40, both are 30mm and EXCELLENT scopes. The other would be this steal...one I might need to buy, myself: a 2.5-8x32 Zeiss scope at the same price ($399.!!!) If this is within your budget, let me know, and I'll give you the place to purchase either! Good luck!

9. meatloaf

meatloaf Guest

check out counter sniper scopes, they are sweat as hell. Im going to put one on my remmington 700. They start at 250 and go up, way up.