Quarantine Humor - Day by Day

Discussion in 'Humor Forum' started by animalspooker, Mar 21, 2020.

1. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Dude, did you see that she just got another face lift? I'm not even kidding. There are people in her state complaining that she must have either violated her state's policy regarding unnecessary procedures, or she must have gotten her surgery out of state in one of the places she has been criticizing for opening.

The best part is that a lot of the people complaining are lefties.

neophyte likes this.
  2. PaleHawkDown

I was raised around cattle and have worked with them most of my life, and for a time I even covered the Alabama Junior Rodeo as well as any other rodeo that came to the county, and I never once thought about the legged-ness of a cow until today.

I know bulls used in bull riding and steer wrestling have a preferred leg, but I guess I never thought about it beyond that.

Now I just want to run out to the farm and see if I can see it.

neophyte, BigEd63 and Jaison like this.

3. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Only occurs if'n they live on a steep slope!:rolleyes:

4. savage12755a

savage12755a G&G Evangelist

Back in the 70's I was working as an electrician. My boss sent out on a three day job at the Tulsa Rendering Plant. For those of you unfamiliar with rendering plants, they receive the cow that had been dead for a week before the rancher found it. Or the hog that died three days ago but was only found today not to mention all of the county road kills. The whole place reeked, to put it politely. You could taste the miasma and there seemed to be a film on every surface. Lunch was a challenge the first day when some of the employees sought to intimidate the new guy by sitting across the picnic table in the lunch room in their refuse laden coveralls. When you can sit in that environment, drink your coffee and eat your sandwich, nothing will ever be too disgusting.

5. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I worked in a cooking grease recycling facility.
    I won't even go into details.

animals come right and left handed.
    dogs are especially prone to being left handed.
    one of the things I look for if I am looking a dog over are the direction of cow licks in the fur and whether they are right or left handed.

one with cowlicks that twist clock wise and are right handed are generally more even tempered, confident, and smarter than the other combinations.

neophyte likes this.
  6. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

The chicken kill plants in this area have rendering operations. My son was a mechanic for a local pump company & the first time they sent him to one of them to do some pump repairs, he saw employees in their lunch room, eating chicken! From that day forward, he would not eat chicken, regardless of how it is cooked!

I made sales calls on the kill plants, as well as one plant which took surplus stock, to be rendered, from the other plants. After awhile, ya get used to it.:rolleyes:

Jaison and neophyte like this.
  7. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

no ya don't.
    it smells like that every morning, and you smell like that every night.

animalspooker and neophyte like this.
  8. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Luckily, I was only in there a few hours, once a week & had an extra long shower when I got home. :p

neophyte likes this.
  9. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

BREAKING NEWS: 66 people died in Chicago yesterday from COVID-19 related gunshot wounds -- but they will be voting by mail!

BigEd63, ItstheHOFF and neophyte like this.
  10. AK Hunter

AK Hunter G&G Evangelist

That’s quite possible just to see if you have the stomach for it. I have a buddy that can’t field dress his own deer when hunting. LOL

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    neophyte and Jaison like this.
  11. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

Big scare last night after dinner. Thought I had COVID cuz I couldn't breathe.

Unbuttoned my pants! No COVID.

12. PaleHawkDown

This will likely lose me my man card, but I can't stand to take the hook out of the fish's mouth. I have intentionally stabbed my finger with a clean hook at the start of a fishing trip so I didn't feel like a pansy asking a friend to help.

I am not squeamish in really any other way. Blood and guts don't bother me. I have stitched up injured animals as well as myself. I can field dress animals. I was fine watching my wife's C-section.

I don't have a problem pulling the hook if the fish is dead. When I was a kid we'd bash the fish on the side of the boat, and then pull the hook. I can clean one with no problem. I think the problem is with "catch and release" fishing. I always feel like I'm hurting the stupid blighters.

AK Hunter and neophyte like this.
  13. savage12755a

savage12755a G&G Evangelist

I have seen my wife bait a hook with slimy arsed worms, wrigley minnows and some 'tell-me-this-don't-stink' catfish bait, but she absolutely refuse to grab hold of any fish she catches. I have to grab 'em and remove the hook and put them on the stringer.

neophyte likes this.
  14. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Fishing for blue gill, only problem my wife had was when they were too big for her to hold on to. When I've been busy with one of my own, I have seen her lay them in the bottom of the boat, put her foot on them to hold them down, while taking the hook out.:p

neophyte likes this.
  15. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

Heck, I've done that also, stepping on em to get hook out.

neophyte likes this.
  16. ninwnc

ninwnc G&G Evangelist

When my son was about 6 years old, he managed to bury a 1 ought hook in the fleshy part of my left hand. I used the trick Bill Dance had in one of his videos to get it out. I had my son hold the eye of the hook down with his thumb while I popped it out with a double looped piece of fishin' line. Rubbed a little Neosporin on it and went right back to fishin'. Couldn't quit, they were biting pretty good that afternoon.

rando, Jaison, neophyte and 1 other person like this.
  17. chris l2018

chris l2018 G&G Evangelist

UK
    A similar situation in Wales; sheep born on the mountains have one leg longer than the other; they can only graze one direction around the mountain, clockwise.

During the winter farmers wives used to carve 'wimbles', or short wooden legs, to be fitted so that the sheep could walk to market on the level.

Nowadays, of course, they go in lorries.

Jaison and neophyte like this.
  18. I fish with barbless hooks. Since I practice catch-and-release this works OK for me. Barbless hooks make for an easy release.

neophyte likes this.