Quarantine Humor - Day by Day

Discussion in 'Humor Forum' started by animalspooker, Mar 21, 2020.

1. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

I would've been back too. Right after the surgery and my 3 day hospital stay!

neophyte likes this.
  2. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Do you lose many fish that way? That would pretty much solve my issue. I have no problem killing a fish, but there is some weird part of my brain that hates hurting a fish.

neophyte likes this.

3. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The American Politician is a confused creature. They have closed all meetings of Alcoholic Anonymous. But, they have opened all Liquor stores and Bars? What! :rolleyes:

BigEd63 and ItstheHOFF like this.
  4. I will occasionally lose a fish. I just consider those ones catch-and-early release. Mostly I land everything I hook.

rando, neophyte and Jaison like this.
  5. PaleHawkDown

This is really interesting. What keeps you live bait on, or are you down to lures?

neophyte likes this.
  6. I don't use live bait. Senko and lures only. I replace the lure's treble hooks with barbless trebles that I order online.life's

Senko (I use Gary Yamamoto) works great. Even a deep hooked fish is usually easy to release.

animalspooker, neophyte and Jaison like this.
  7. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Brothers in arms, sir!

Senkos are the butter bomb around here. Few baits are more adaptable to different techniques.

Might try the barbless hooks, too. They work well on wacky rigs?

Bookman and neophyte like this.
  8. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    I still wonder that so many of them are lawyers. As few can pass a bar.

Stickman and neophyte like this.
  9. PaleHawkDown

I haven't used a lure since K-Mart carried the GOOD yellow gooey worms (back when they still sold guns and had a full-time guy in that department). My last one of those finally rotted after 20 years of good service.

neophyte, Jaison and Moroco Mole like this.
  10. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I like that post. That is a fact.

11. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

Scene from The Money Pit:
    Anna:
    "That is such a dumb idea. Sometimes it amazes me you ever passed the bar."

Walter:
    "I'm not surprised. You've never passed a bar in your life."

Anna:
    "You are so much less attractive when I'm sober."

Walter:
    "Thank goodness it's not that often."

BigEd63, neophyte and Jaison like this.
  12. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

He's got that right!! Takes twice as long to get groceries when my wife is with me, plus we spend more money!

13. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I do refrigeration so unfortunately I do work on many Morgue walk in coolers and funeral home coolers. I knew so many guys working in them from years of going to them places. A few of the funeral homes would keep the cartons of eggs, bacon, sausage etc.. for breakfast on the floor of the cooler. Bodies laying there on gurney's right there. They would get their food for breakfast out of there each morning. One guy would cook all the morticians breakfast and they all ate before starting work each day. I have came to these places for service calls on coolers not working. The morgue employee would have a body on a stainless table and cutting into legs and arms and removing blood. In the other hand he was holding and eating a sandwich. The bodies never bothered me much as I saw so many. The eating and storing food with dead bodies is plain sick.

14. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I have removed quite a few big hooks out of friends. We would be far from home in the woods or a boat. Next thing you know a guy has a huge hook in his calf or arm. I had a friend too lazy to net these huge Striped Bass we were pulling into boat. They were like over two feet long and fight like hell. We were using these large 7-8" plastic surface minnow lures. They had three treble hooks in them. My friend would grab the lure when fish was at boat. He would pull them over the side. One time the fish took a leap and hooked him good. He couldn't do anything as the fish jumped more and hooked his hand deep with a second treble hook. I had to kill the fish to get it to stop moving. Then I cut the hooks and removed them from deep in his hand. Using a fillet knife. Then he was bitchin that I seemed to like cutting him. Ii then told him to be quiet or I would send him a doctor bill.