Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been looking at a taurus pump action .45 rifle and i was wondering if anyone had anything to say about it. my friend's dad who's a sheriff and a remington dealer told me not to buy it. he doesn't like them, thinks they aren't very high quality. and he's BIG on quality, but also he's very opinionated. anyways, i was just wondering what u guys think. any help is appreciated, thanks a lot!!!

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=C45SSR&category=Rifle

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
This is A new production gun and Not available as yet so it is hard to say,
But I am Not a fan of Taurus at all due to malfunctions, poor machining internally, and low parts availability on other models I have had to try and fix.
Also this new safety lock has caused Problems on other guns...T R O U B L E !
I will not own one myself, there are better more reliable American made Guns out there. I am also not a big fan of Rifles shooting pistol cartridges that dont gain you much in distance and velocity, But it depends on what you are doing with it too ! This is My opinion as a Gunsmith and Avid Shooter !
My personal preference would be a Model 44 Ruger .44 Magnum auto Rifle, a little more power and versatility and 300 to 400 Bucks price range!
.44 mag ammo is Cheaper in most cases than .45 Colt !
Rich

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
or if you prefer a ruger carbine I would recomend a PC40 Ruger in .40S&W. If you are not looking for a semi auto carbine you may look at the lever actions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot for the advice mooseman. i just read a bunch of forums with reviews by users who liked their thunderbolts a lot. they said they had tricky jams though, but went into detail on how to prevent them. i guess it's very sensitive to the oal of the rounds ur puttin through it.

but once they found the right length they loved it. some never had any problems at all. heh, i guess its touchy on how u rack it too. well, sounds like a !!!! picky gun. however, i love the look of it and the originality of it too, as pumpkinheaver said, its a replica of the colt lightning. i think i'm still gonna pick one up and see how it treats me. but thanks you for the opinion, it made me think about it. but on another note, i'm getting a marlin model 1984 lever action soon. maybe you favor this rifle more : )

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/1894centerfire/1894SS.aspx

and after that i'm done with snatchin up rifles, time to put money into my camaro :D
thanks again for your opinion and advice!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
tbizzle0 said:
thanks a lot for the advice mooseman. i just read a bunch of forums with reviews by users who liked their thunderbolts a lot. they said they had tricky jams though, but went into detail on how to prevent them. i guess it's very sensitive to the oal of the rounds ur puttin through it.

but once they found the right length they loved it. some never had any problems at all. heh, i guess its touchy on how u rack it too. well, sounds like a !!!! picky gun. however, i love the look of it and the originality of it too, as pumpkinheaver said, its a replica of the colt lightning. i think i'm still gonna pick one up and see how it treats me. but thanks you for the opinion, it made me think about it. but on another note, i'm getting a marlin model 1984 lever action soon. maybe you favor this rifle more : )

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/1894centerfire/1894SS.aspx

and after that i'm done with snatchin up rifles, time to put money into my camaro :D
thanks again for your opinion and advice!
Thats Great, ok now we did our part, now you get to do yours... Range Report!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts