Question about Bulk 7.62X39mm Ammo

Discussion in 'General Rifle' started by MKultra, Aug 20, 2010.

1. MKultra

MKultra G&G Newbie

Hey guys, I am looking to buy ammo in bulk (500/1000 rounds) and was wondering what the best ammo was for long term storage and reliable shooting. I am not looking for the best but something which will last and be usable. I have found a deal that sells a sealed can of Wolf FMJ 122-gr at $169 for a sealed can of 640 rounds. I was going to buy this but let me know if you suggest something else. I have only fired Wolf so do not know about other brands.

2. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Evangelist

Yugoslavian 7.62x39 40rd Box on SKS Clips Brass Case

This is 1,120 rounds for only 179.20, I am really thinking about buying some of this to stash, Now is it corrosive but all you have to do when you are done shooting is spray windex down your bore and clean as usual. But for the price it can't be beat!

3. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Evangelist

Anything military (wolf or bear) will last a LONG time, spam cans will last long after we are all dead.

Stick with 135-154gr, that's what your rifle is designed for.

Check out ammoman.com, they always have ammo by the case and free shipping

4. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Evangelist

OOOO k, I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas!

5. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Evangelist

me too, I have a CZ bolt 7.62x39 and it seems like it would make a prime candidate for stashing, or shooting, or whatever! BTW that is 16 CENTS a round!!!

6. Dragunov

Dragunov G&G Evangelist

You can't go wrong with the M67 Privi-Partizan Yugo ammo. I did some research on it some time ago and it is designed for accuracy and damage. My rifle gets the best groups using it. I use it almost exclusively in my Norinco with no issues at all. Corrosive, so clean up good.

It also has a bit more recoil than Wolf.