question about chinese AK's

Discussion in 'AK47' started by kenny87, Oct 6, 2010.

1. kenny87

kenny87 G&G Newbie

Something I have noticed when looking at the chinese ak's. Semi versions only, I notice that other AK's have "safe" at the top and "fire" all the way at the bottom, the same place a full auto will also have semi. On the Chinese ones I notice that "fire" is more to the center where "full" would be on a real one. What gives? or am I just seeing things. This is primarily pre bans I looked at and noticed, could be all of them but I don't know.

2. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

A preban rifle was not required to have a differant receiver I beleive . So what you are seeing is probably just a original receiver with a semi auto trigger kit in it .

3. Sprout47

Sprout47 G&G Enthusiast

Kenny, the truth is that you do not need to slide the selector all the way down on an AK in order for it to fire. I am guessing that they wanted to preserve the finish so placed the stop point in the center rather than the bottom.

As far as the receiver - no rifle was allowed to accept auto parts easily. Chinese manufacturers got in trouble a few times for either importing rifles with the third hole or just a weld filled third hole.

4. BarryHalls

BarryHalls G&G Evangelist

^ ^
    Yep, I've seen a 56 with 2 dimples for the fire selector. . .

:ponder:

All someone had to do was modify the fire control group. . . and It's a select fire real deal AK.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  5. kenny87

kenny87 G&G Newbie

thats true, any chinese ak that has a full auto reciever is contraband, even if the receiver is all that is there. ATF was suppose to collect them all when they found out but didn't do a very good job since 15+ years later they are still out there.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  6. Hog Red

Hog Red G&G Addict

NW AR
    here's my preban norinco, doesn't sound like what your seeing though.
    [​IMG]

7. MJ11

MJ11 G&G Enthusiast

They just changed the disconetor, milled off the tang at the rear, and dropped the third hole and trip lever. The right hand guide rail became solid and carrier trip foot was milled off. This was all outlined in several books on the AK.

8. Sprout47

Sprout47 G&G Enthusiast

My MAK has its rear tang intact.

9. MJ11

MJ11 G&G Enthusiast

I don't think it matters.

[​IMG]

10. Sprout47

Sprout47 G&G Enthusiast

I think what matters is by what importer and what era the import is as they (Norinco and Polytech) had gotten into trouble for importer military rifles/receivers - Norinco is the military arms producer (unless I mixed that up) and Poly is just an export company.

My MAK;
    [​IMG]