Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rather new to guns and am still learning alot.. My father inlalw has a rifle that i belive is a MK4 N1 but it i cant seem to find a picture that is the same on here for some reason it says it was made in 1943 in England i am still trying to get the seriel numbers off of it! It also says (F) FTR so i assume that its a Factory Through Repair but i would love to get more info on this Rifle as he only has 3 doughters and i married the oldest so Any help would be apreciated i can try and get some pictures up as i at there house for the longweekend (CAN)

·
Registered
978 Posts
billy may be able to help you on this one. You can also try to Google Enfield and see what you come up with.

Also, ask Old Sarge if he ordered the Enfield book that I directed him to. If he did he may be able to help you.

·
Registered
978 Posts
No problem. North Cape Publications is the bookseller that I directed Old Sarge to. I am in the market for a .303 as my father used to have one and I enjoyed shooting it. I am going to a gun show next weekend to look. There were so many variations of battle rifles that you may have to buy that book if you really care to know all the details. (or ask Old Sarge)

·
Premium Member
30,672 Posts
i need pics of serial numbers and markings .
i cant really tell whats going on with that rifle except its got what looks like a nice replacement stock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HEY thanks for the reply i will tell ya again i know just about 0 about guns and have been reading alot on this site the last month so i am trying to learn but my father inlaw doesnt know anything about the gun as it was given to him by his father inlaw so any help would be Fantastic and greatly apreciated!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
30,672 Posts
Factory Thorough Repaired at ROF Fazakerley and made at the same place in 1952.
i am still looking for more info.

i found a rifle that i think is just like yours this is what they say about it.
1943 BSA (Shirley) No4 MkI Parker-Hale Conversion Rifle
Perhaps the most widely known and best regarded of the commercial sporterizing companies was Parker-Hale. Parker-Hale would custom build to suit a particular customer or you could simply buy "off-the-rack", so to speak. Generally, these rifles are well put together with tight tolerances with good barrels and are quite sharp looking and accurate.​

·
Registered
165 Posts
It has been bubba marked and the value just goes down the tube.

·
Premium Member
30,672 Posts
does it look just like this? same checkering and everything?

a factory conversion rifle would be very cool indeed.

·
Premium Member
30,672 Posts
i would LOVE to have a factory conversion rifle !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOW Billy thanks so much thats so much info i apreciate that alot!!

Yes the pic you posted from what i see is identical well now i can actuly tell my father inlaw a little about it as he is not computer friendly!!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Okay...let's get down to brass tacks. When you say that there are only daughters, and you married the oldest, does this get you bidding rights on this fine rifle?

billy's not married. How old are the other daughters?

·
Premium Member
30,672 Posts
you my friend have scored!
wanna sell it?:09::no1:

dont do anything to it fer cryin out loud!
just clean it....gently

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hahah yeah the daughters are young i am 25 my wife is 21 and the other girls are younger but we will have to see i guess i am not sure i am defiently going to kiss some ass now but we will have to see!!
As per sellin thats a defient no i was born at night but not last night!!

So from what i have gatherd from him and from my snoopin around i cant find the Mag so does anyone know were i could order or buy one from???
And what .303 ammo if i can find it should i use in it??

·
Premium Member
30,672 Posts
i WAS born yesterday.
but i spent all night downtown!
these guys have mags www.GunAccessories.com
get some sellier &bellot ammo

·
Registered
216 Posts
This I do not believe is a Parker Hale conversion as if it was it would be marked as such. Looks like just a sporter someone made.

It is a BSA Shirley No4 MKI that was upgraded ( FTR ) to the MKII specs in 52 as seen by the markings on the left receiver wall and was done by Fazarkley.

·
Registered
557 Posts
There is alot of after market parts for Enfields like checkerd stocks , front sights for shortened barrels and clip-on sight ramps for original front sights ect...
Some of those parts are made by ParkerHale amongst many others.
The No4 is one of the easiest rifles to modify.
A Mk1 rifle that was converted to the Mkll should be stamped as Mk 1/2
The Mk1* rifle converted to Mkll would be stamped Mk1/3

1 - 20 of 24 Posts