close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Question for Swede Owners

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by warren47, Mar 25, 2002.

1. warren47

warren47 G&G Newbie

I am having a Turkish Mauser rebarreled to a 6.5x55. I like to shoot target . I was interested in knowing what kind of accuracy you get from your 96's? I understand mine is in a turkish mauser action and is not directly comparable to a 96, but I would like to know what I can expect.

I don't reload, so I have to buy my ammo. What are you shooting?

Warren

2. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    6.5 is a very accurate round- my swede doesnt care what i feed it , it shoots very well with anything, and out of all the swedes ive looked at mines got the worst barrel of any of them.

3. Calvin

Calvin G&G Newbie

Why not just buy a Swedish Mauser outright? Not that there's anything wrong with the Turkish models. Reason is, the Swedes built theirs to tighter tolerances, and were designed to work with the 6.5 round. I have a Turkish Mauser that I had rechambered for .338-06 last year. It was an expensive move, but I think it was worth it. For the cost of having yours rebarreled, the bolt and follower modified, and all of the other necessary work, you will have spent 3 times the price of a Swedish Mauser. And, once you get you a Swede, you'll wonder how you got along without one!! My best Swede is 101 years old, and it shoots better than some of my new rifles. I can't tell you what kind of accuracy to expect from the rechambered Turkish Mauser, but I can tell you that a M96 will group 1" to 1-1/2" at 100 yards, once you get used to the sights. Whatever you decide to do, good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.

4. Does anyone know what information the brass disks give you?I was told it signified the condition of the gun,but the man didn't have anymore info on it.

5. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

6. Thanks Jesse,been wondering about that for a long time,just didn't ask the right people,I guess.

:hmmm: