Question On Cost

Discussion in 'AR15' started by SwedeSteve, Oct 8, 2010.

1. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

What is the going rate for a complete lower without a big name ?? I am seeing them in the 300 and up range with a collapsible stock.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  2. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    Lowers around here are about the same as what you state...it's the uppers that will eat into your wallet.
    I'd say the price you give is about average for any lower except maybe Colt; but then you're payin' fer the name.

3. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

The collapsible stock is going to add about $50 or more to the cost.

stripped lowers are around $100 give or take $15 or so, depending on name.

LPKs are about 50 or 60 with a standard trigger. RRA sells one with their NM trigger for about $120.

4. SwedeSteve

Teach- Where are you seeing LPKs for $50-$60 ??

5. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

Gun shows here in Ohio. That's the internal parts, not the buffer, tube, spring, and stock.

There is an outfit in Delta, Ohio, Sherluk Marketing, that sells kits containing everything except for the stripped lower. You can get a 20" bull stainless freefloat flattop with an A2 stock and all other parts except the stripped lower for $550 from them. They have a website that details their prices. It shows up quickly on Google if you type in "sherluk". Different barrel profiles and styles will cost different amounts, some more and some less. Barrels are made by Wilson. See my thread "finished my second one".

You can find stripped lowers at shows here for around $100 to $140 with no problem.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  6. SuckLead

SuckLead G&G Newbie

NC
    The lowest I've seen around here is $250 for a Del-Ton. So that's about average.

7. SwedeSteve

Thanks guys !! I am thinking of building my brother an AR for CHRISTmas !!