Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was down at the gun shop in town to day to pick up a scope for my 10/22 and I was looking at what they had in stock while it was being mounted. I have been looking for a bolt action .22 long rifle since thats the style I prefer and they seem to be more accurate but maybe thats just a mental thing for me.
Anyway I saw a ruger bolt action .22 long rifle that hey had used. The rifle looked beautiful and felt great in my hands and the bolt and other parts were in great shape. I cant be 100% sure of the name because I looked at over a dozen .22 long rifle bolt action rifles in the 20 mins I waited to get my scope mounted, but I think the tag said it was " ruger 109 in .22 long rifle"
Has anyone ever heard of a ruger 109 bolt action rifle would it be a good buy and how do you think it would compare to my ruger 10/22 in terms of accuracy. I love my ruger 10/22 carbine and I know they have been around for a long time and have a rep for being well built and high quality rifles. I would like to know if all of rugers rifles are as good or better then their 10/22 flag ship^^

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
It sounds like it was new? You may have luck sorting through pictures over at Rugers website. Doesn't ring a bell for me either.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I probably mixed up the name I looked at about 25-30 rifles in about 20 min. I looked online for the 109 so im pretty sure now that ive mixed up the name it kind of looks like a 77/22 or some modle close to it. It had a solid wood stock and open sights it looks like a older rifle but it was in mint condition. Does ruger have a good track reccord for making .22s as good or better then thier 10/22s?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts