Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again, I have a Ruger 357 mag cal. New Model Blackhawk "Made in the 200th Year of American Liberty" 6 shooter, Blued with cherry handgrips, adjustable rear sites, serial # 33-38282. It is in mint condition and shoots straight as a string, no box or papers though. I can't find out any information regarding this gun. I know it was made in 1976. But how many were made?, What is it worth?, Is it a collectable?, How would I find someone to buy it for what it's worth?, etc. I have spent 8+ hours on the net looking and looking everywhere for information regarding this gun and have found none. I looked on Ruger's site, Yahoo, Dogpile & Googled searched it. You name it I was probably there and still found very little info on this model gun. So I subscribed to this site to maybe get some help from you all. Ya'll seem to know alot about Rugers. Thanks inadvance for the help. Lisa

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Hi Lisa, please try RugerForum.com, all the information in the world concerning Rugers is available there if you ask nicely. Go straight to the Ruger Revolvers section, and ask away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the info, and I did go to the site this morning, but it won't take my Yahoo email address so that I can place a question on there forum and it locks up on the search as well. They said that they banned yahoo addresses from there site. I guess i'll try setting up a new email account somewhere else just to find out info on my gun. What a hassel..... Any other info you or anyone else may have would be great. Thanks Again. Lisa

·
Registered
586 Posts
Lisa,

Every gun Ruger made in '76 was roll marked with "Made in the 200th year of american liberty". They were not limited editions, and as far as I know they don't command any collector premium. Check Gunbroker under Ruger/blackhawk to see what they are going for in todays market. Did you change the grips to cherry or are you guessing thats what they are? Most Blackhawks have walnut grips.

70 Years from now that model may have a premium added to it, but not at this time, sorry!

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Actually, "Liberty" Rugers do command a bit higher price from collecters but mainly if they are in the original box with papers and Mint or unfired. you may add about 10 % on a used one with no box so,250.00 + 25.00 would be for one in 90+ condition.
Rich

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Thank you so much for the info, and I did go to the site this morning, but it won't take my Yahoo email address so that I can place a question on there forum and it locks up on the search as well. They said that they banned yahoo addresses from there site. I guess i'll try setting up a new email account somewhere else just to find out info on my gun. What a hassel..... Any other info you or anyone else may have would be great. Thanks Again. Lisa
Lisa, I beleive the requiring of an non yahoo, hotmail etc email add helps to keep hacking of the site to a minimum. I`ve come across this a few times now with firearm related sites. Your main IP email add ( or whatever the correct terminology is ) would do the trick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reply to answers re: my Ruger 357 Liberty

Thank you all so much for the info, it has been helpful. In regards to the handles, my mistake they are not cherry they are rosewood. I have looked at 2 other guns sites selling this gun. Mulehead.com & Guns America both in the 375 to 385.00 range. Thanks again for all your help and info. Lisa

1 - 7 of 7 Posts