Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again, I have a Ruger 357 mag cal. New Model Blackhawk "Made in the 200th Year of American Liberty" 6 shooter, Blued with cherry handgrips, adjustable rear sites, serial # 33-38282. It is in mint condition and shoots straight as a string, no box or papers though. I can't find out any information regarding this gun. I know it was made in 1976. But how many were made?, What is it worth?, Is it a collectable?, How would I find someone to buy it for what it's worth?. I have spent 8 hours on the net looking and looking everywhere for information regarding this gun and have found none. I looked on Ruger's site, Yahoo, Dogpile & Googled searched it. You name it I was probably there. So I subscribed to this site to maybe get some help from you all. Ya'll seem to know alot about Rugers. Thanks inadvance for the help. Lisa

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
If they used every serial number between the years 1976 to 1977 that would be 47,597 made.

But that does not necessarily have to be true. They can skip a few or a lot of numbers. Other than that all I can think is to call Ruger and find out. Or cruise the online gun auctions (auctionarms, Gun Brokers, guns america, etc.) and see if you can find a similar gun to get an idea of its worth.

·
Banned
259 Posts
ALL Rugers made in 1976 have that line on them. I would love to find one, any one. I've got a 1956 issue Single Six that shoots like new. It sounds like you have a keeper unless some collector offers you enough to buy a new one!Still, I'd have to think about that.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
Unfortunately, you dont have the original box and paperwork ...this is what collectors are looking for . Unfired ,Mint Liberty Rugers in the box w/papers command a price about twice what a Regular one will. You might get an extra 50 bucks for yours over the Blue book price, and CONDITION is everything !!!
I have a Mint Liberty Blackhawk in .30 Carbine, but No Box or papers, so It was only $300.oo with a Ruger Holster. Box and papers would make it worth 500-600 in unfired condition.
Rich

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: 357 Magnum

Hi Lisa,

My name is Ben,i also have a Ruger "Made in the 200th Year of American Liberty" 6 shooter,Satin Stainless steel.

Did you find out anything regarding what its worth and is it a collectors item or not?

I appreciate your answer

Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts