Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Today i used winchester 12 gauge shells. My shotgun kept getting jammed, i suspect its becuase it didn't have enough powder (thats what the guys at the range were saying) im quite a gun noob and today was my first day shooting my new shotgun. If you have a semi auto shotgun, what type of shells do you use, and do you have this same problem? I'd like to buy some in bulk but before i do, i'd like to figure out a way to solve the problem...as i now have a bunch of ammo...that jams the gun (bought 200 today, only used about 75)

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
try some heavier loads or try another brand, mossy 930's are supposed to be really reliable with just about anything, call mossy and see what they say, they would know

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I bought a Mossberg 930 5 months ago and I have shot light loads, Heavy Loads and 3" Buck Shot without any problems.
Try washing out the reciever real well with Break Free CLP or something compatable.
Your New Mossberg should shoot ever kind to shotgun shell you put in it.
There the dirtyest gun from the factory I've ever handled so give it a good cleaning.
Do this for me because I have one and have found mine to be super well made fit & finish and operation wise perfect. It has the same gas system as the more exspensive shotguns have.
I care so please keep me posted about yours PM me anytime.
I bought the Black/synthetic turkey model with 24" barrel which one did you buy ?
Don't be discouraged and try giving Mossbergs customer service a call the telephone number is at there web site.
I'm sold on this gun, it appears to be very well made maybe you can resolve your issue with a good cleaning.
Please don't forget to contact me and try some other ammo in it maybe after some more shooting it will operate better. And WELCOME to GUN and GAME...A.H

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, very informative! I'll keep you posted, im not sure if i'll be able to shoot her this upcoming weekend, but definitely the one after :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a new Mossberg 930 and it jammed a couple of times the first day I fired it. I will follow the suggestion on giving it a good cleaning. Reading the accompanying paperwork Mossberg recommends 12 guage 2 3/4" factory loaded shells or 3" loaded magnum. What is the difference between the two and can anyone recommend what ammo fires best with this shotgun? Can someone explain what light load vs.heavy load means? Thanks in advance for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts